It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Texas Tech demolishes Nebraska 70-10

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Nebraska has never looked this bad.

Texas Tech handed the Cornhuskers the worst loss in their storied 114-year history Saturday night, with Sonny Cumbie throwing for 436 yards and five touchdowns in a 70-10 win. "I'm very disappointed in our team's effort," first-year coach Bill Callahan said. "We are certainly capable of being a better ball club. It just came down to turnovers and we had a lot of them in the second half."

Tech (4-2, 2-1 Big 12) forced seven turnovers and recorded its first victory in eight tries against Nebraska (3-2, 1-1 Big 12), which set school records for points allowed and margin of defeat.

Before Saturday, the most points scored against Nebraska came in a 62-36 loss to Colorado in 2001. Nebraska's largest previous margin of defeat was 54, set in a 54-0 loss to Minnesota in 1943 and matched in a 54-0 loss to Indiana in 1944 and a 61-7 loss to Minnesota in 1945.

Tech coach Mike Leach said he didn't know about the record until about five minutes remained.

FoxNews

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I can honestly say that I feel bad for the 'husker faithful.

NOT!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Nor do i Gibbs, i live in Husker country, and there is nothing better than to drive around with either my Tennessee or Bama flag flying. The lashing they took on saturday will be some good ammo for darts tonight because the team we are playing is a bunch of Nebraska alums. i'd like to see some more punishment like that it's the only good thing about living in husker country is being able to abuse the fans.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
Nor do i Gibbs, i live in Husker country, and there is nothing better than to drive around with either my Tennessee or Bama flag flying. The lashing they took on saturday will be some good ammo for darts tonight because the team we are playing is a bunch of Nebraska alums. i'd like to see some more punishment like that it's the only good thing about living in husker country is being able to abuse the fans.

Awesome, man!

Can you wear a Penn State hat for me?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
should the nebraska coach start packing or is he already at the airport?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm sure they'll send him packing soon.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Now Nebraska knows how it feels.

Go Cyclones!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon

Go Cyclones!

I don't think i've ever heard any thing like this before. it's either "Go Huskers" or "Go Hawkeyes" and occasionally "Go Gophers". this is completely foreign to me and i need time to recompute what was just spoken. Go Cyclones is sort of like someone saying "Go Vanderbilt". on the positive side of ISU i saw Pink Floyd with Roger Waters in their stadium, the only redeeming quality for them.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
i saw Pink Floyd with Roger Waters in their stadium

That Fu@#$ng Rocks! Wish I would've caought them wit Roger...

join