It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sports: Ohio State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 5 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Last season we say the Ohio State Buckeys win the Nation Championship are they capable of doing it again?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't follow much Big 10 football but after last year i'de say anythings possible.

Your gonna laugh at me but watch out for the terps, may not be title contenders but certainly have a shot at a BCS bowl if they can get through a tougher then usual ACC schedule.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In college football now and days anything is bound to happen. Nobody expected the Buckeyes to come out and win it this year, the terps have been playing well the last couple of years and they should be able to goto a bowl game. Anything is bound to happen, hey maybe the buckeyes will win it again.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ohio State is tough every year. The Big 10 is so competitive. Michigan is almost always good, Penn State look like they're back after a couple of down years, and look what Iowa did this year, what a surprise. You cant forget about Wisconsin and Michigan State either. I think Penn State and Ohio State will fight for winning the Big 10, the lions QB Zack Mills looked good last year and is sure to be better, but losing Larry Johnson will definitely hurt.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Everybody in the Big 10 has a great shot at winning it is the best divison in my mind in college football. Penn State will need Mills to step up big time with the lose of Larry Johnson, altough they still have a great coach.

The team that i think that will get hurt the most by people leaving for the draft is Miami, and Florida. Flordia lossing Grossman and Jacobs, and Miami lossing Dorsey, Johnson, and McGahee. Miami is known for great Rb's but can they still have a great year with all the people they are lossing.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I wonder if JoePa will ever retire. He is still the best coach in college FB in my opinion. Did you see him last year chasing the refs down from 50 yards after all those bad calls. He is a legend.

AF1

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm a huge MSU fan, and I can already tell you I'm not looking forward to playing the Buckeyes this season. they are going to be the dominating force in the Big Ten this year I think. Penn State will do good probably, but not great. ONe of the reasons they did so good was because of Larry Johnson.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure if Penn State will miss Larry Johnson as much as Michigan State will miss Charles Rogers, he was really good. Penn St has a few good young backs ready to step up and their defense looks good as always. I love Big 10 Football.

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Penn State will have a better season than Michigan State, Charles Rogers was there goto guy, and i didn't really see any other WR's from Michigan State step it up. Penn State has some young backs, but they also have a solid QB, and the best coach.
Ohio State is going to dominate they lost a couple of key guys on defense due to the draft, but there offense should be better than ever.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i'm more of a SEC guy myself. they got so many traditionaly good teams. florida,tennessee,bama,auburn. if bama could just get off probation for more than a season at a time they'd be in contention almost every year.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The SEC is a great college football conference, always great games and many great rivalries. I dont think there's a doubt that the Big 10 and the SEC are the best and most exciting conferences in college football.

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The SEC is a great football conference i love to see Florida and Flordia State go at it. If bama did get off probabtion they would be a top football team every year, they won the SEC last year and they have some great players, as soon as they get off probabtion look for them to be in some big bowl games.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
hello everybody. i'm new to the place. just thought i would add my two cents worth to the topic. i think top to bottom the sec is a little stronger conference than the big ten. don't get me wrong the big ten is a great football conference,but top to bottom i think the sec is a little bit stronger!

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The SEC might be a stronger conference overall, the main reason they are stronger would have to be their speed. Bu i like the Big Ten becasue of the physical play, and because i love my Buckeyes. SEC and the Big Ten i think are the two top conferences in College Football.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
it noter dane all the way sry ben you new i was going to say it but you cant denie it with the coch and the team is now just how well they play as a team that is what the buck eyes had last year we will see tho

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I believe that I was the only Big Ten fan at my tiny school, and I called out that the Big Ten was gonna do BIG things. My favorite team out of the pack, OSU, won the whole enchillada. Next year, I think that things are gonna be slightly different. For one, while Ohio State has their entire offense back (dangerous!), there are the little things they have to worry about on defense, like replacing All-American Mike Doss and linebacker Matt Wilhem. Jimmy T will have to work him magic again to even think of repeat, for the Buckeyes have to battle an even bigger and better Michigan team than last year, which held the Buckeyes in a close one to only 14 points. It wasn't really the offense that made the difference anyways--any way it goes, the Big Ten is gonna rep big time in the BCS. Can't say that Miami will though if they stay in the Big East--I see them choking to the wrong team, like V Tech or Pitt. Believe me, they were formidable opponents last season. But if Miami bounces to the ACC, they will blow through their conference and the Big East...well, no one will care.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have a feeling that notre dame was a fluke last year...I think they will be good again but not as good. As far as Ohio State goes I believe they will come out stronger than last year with tons of confidence. I believe they can win it all again this coming year.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thought I had posted but can't find it, strange.

I'm going to be bold and tip Penn State.

Ben

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well inspite of being #4 on the polls the Buckeys of Ohio State are number 2 in the BCS. GO BUCKEYS!!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Buckeye's should have a chance to defend their title. The only for them to move up in the BCS is if Oklahoma loses which i dont see that happening.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join