It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golf: Golf - Woman on Mens PGA Tour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
As you've probably heard by now, the number one ranked womens golfer, Annika Sorenstam, is joining the mens PGA Tour for the Colonial Open next weekend. She will be the first woman to compete in a mens PGA Tour event in 58 years.

There has been alot of complaining by PGA Tour members saying that it isnt right.
Vijay Singh made some comments about her.

What is your opinion on this subject?

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Come on, I know someone has an opinion about Sorenstam playing with the men.

TRD

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well what can i say...

As i have said before i don't think the women have the power to compete with the men unless they play off a Handicap..

If they want to try then i dont see why not but i think the women would do no good playing of scratch with the men..

TRD

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Come on, I know someone has an opinion about Sorenstam playing with the men.

Ohhhh nearly missed it....

Sorenstam playing with men!! :tum:

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have an opinion on it..... it sucks. Its called the "Men's" PGA Tour for a reason.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Annika played pretty well in the first round today. She was a +1 and hit 14 of 18 greens in regulation. Not too bad, better than I thought. Tomorrow we'll see if she makes the cut. Do you think she'll make the cut?

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
it is called the MENS tour not the CO-ED tour! Who will be the first guy to kick serious ass in a womens tour event?

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Annika played pretty well in the first round today. She was a +1 and hit 14 of 18 greens in regulation. Not too bad, better than I thought. Tomorrow we'll see if she makes the cut. Do you think she'll make the cut?

God dam women's libbers!!!!!!! Stay away from the men's tour, the MEN'S tour. Don't think she will make the cut, let me rephrase I hope she doesn't make the cut. Good golfer, but for christ sakes stop invading our territory, I'm sick and tired of being Poland.......

TRD

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I hope she doesn't make the cut to be honest,as it might open the door for other women to play in the mens tournaments...Which they shouldn't...
I know i said before if they wan't to try then let them but now she has had her fun she can f off out of it...

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Oh well, she ended up at +5 and missing the cut.

TRD

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Oh well, she ended up at +5 and missing the cut.

Well lets hope the women get the message and see their is no place for them on the mens tour..

On the other hand she did better than some of the men...lol

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Stop the madness! We might as well just have a combined tour. Also why can't the men play on the womens tour then? If I was a top 50 ranked golfer who wasn't going to win a title, I'd play with the chicks and clean up. See silly and pointless, stick to your own game.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You know the most annoying thing out of this whole POINTLESS exercise....

The men can't play in the LPGA..

Why

Cause the men are way to good...Anika Sorrenstam world's #1 ladies golfer was out gunned, out classed and out played...

The LPGA would cease to exist if men started playing with the women.

Stick to your own form of the game Anika.. You certainly would earn more money.

Chris

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Good man OzChris, nice to see another chauvinistic bigot on Sportz Tawk with me.
Seriously though I think we should stick to men and women not mixed.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
you guys think she is gonna try again?

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
POTOMAC, Md. -- Taking exception to recent remarks by Annika Sorenstam, PGA Tour golfer John Riegger said Thursday he has backing for a $1 million one-on-one challenge against the world's top female golfer.

Two weeks ago, Sorenstam became the first woman in 58 years to play a PGA Tour event. She shot rounds of 71 and 74 and missed the cut at the Colonial, finishing tied for 96th and ahead of 11 other players.

His best career finish is an eighth-place tie at last year's Honda Classic. His best end-of-year finish on the money list is 140th in 2001.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Bold statement, if he loses then it would be a massive backfire!

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That would be really interesting,she isnt that bad a player..He could end up with egg on his face.....

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Would make a point if he did win, but I wouldn't want that pressure!

TRD

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
Would make a point if he did win, but I wouldn't want that pressure!

Yeah all the pressure would be on him as she has nothing to lose...I remember once billy jean king played in a challenge like this against a man and she damm well beat him....lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join