It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others: Barbaro doing well; owners looking for continued improvement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
In case you haven't heard, the winner of the Kentucky Derby, Barbaro, got injured at the Preakness, and apparently the world is watching this story as he recovers.

KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. (AP) -- Amid the public outpouring of sympathy for Barbaro and his owners' hopes that "someday all of you will be able to see little Barbaros running around the track," there remains an underlying question:

Would all this money and time be spent on a horse's recovery if he were not the Kentucky Derby winner and expected to gain millions in stud fees?

"If this horse were a gelding these owners would have definitely done everything to save this horse's life," said Dr. Dean Richardson, who pinned together the leg bones the 3-year-old shattered in the Preakness. "If this horse could have absolutely no reproductive value, they would have saved this horse's life."

Source Link - Yahoo! Sports

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
That's a horrible way to live your life... knowing if you break your ankle that your life is in serious trouble. Good to hear that it is doing well. It's always sad to hear when a person/animal is doing well at something and it ends suddenly.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
He will live out his days as a stud. If only I could get that treatment after breaking my ankle, I'd be breaking it right now...

join