It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Others: Smarty Jones wins the Kentucky Derby/Preakness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Smarty Jones, rode by jockey Stewart Elliot, and trained by Stewart Elliot, just won the Kentucky Derby. This is the first undefeated horse to win the derby since Seattle Slew in 1977.

Do I smell a triple crown winner/

Congratulations!

[Edited on 15/5/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I read this earlier he was backed in to 4-1 fav wasnt he?

Way to go being undefeated.!

Hey anyone want a tip?

Back African Dream to win the Italian Derby...It's straight from the horses mouth!!!!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
they still had him listed at 4-1 just before the race.

BTW, this is just the 2nd Pennsylvania horse to win the race.

It's straight from the horses mouth!!!!

TRD

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Straight from the horses mouth....Meaning it will win!

It won a group race recently and was going in the UK derby but its been gelded so it can't, next best thing Italian Derby and it will romp home

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Put a couple down on it for me...

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Smarty Jones wins the Derby!!

Nice to see a local colt win the Derby and keep his record undefeated. He trains at Philadelphia Park, he indeed has a good shot at the Triple Crown! I wish I could have made it down to the Turf Club and lay down a few bucks on Smarty.

TRD

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   

TRD

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Get ready for the Preakness -

link

What are the chances for a triple crown??

TRD

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The Cliff's Edge was scratched from the Preakness with a sore right front foot, reducing the field to 10 for Saturday's race.

I guess this is giving Smarty Jones every chance to win the Preakness!!

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, can you beat Smarty Jones? As a longtime alleged expert, I have to try. After running three consecutive career tops, maybe he'll regress, and at even money or so, don't bet him unless you cashed on the beloved Pennsylvania-bred in the Derby. The problem is, where do I find his first conqueror?

espn.go.com...

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Smarty Jones will attempt to win the second leg of the US Triple Crown in the Preakness Stakes on Saturday.
The Kentucky Derby winner is one of 11 runners in the $1m race in Maryland.

Eleven horses have won the Triple Crown but none have done so since Affirmed achieved the feat in 1978, although Funny Cide won two legs last year.

Smarty Jones, who is virtually blind in one eye after fracturing his skull in a stalls accident last year, has won all seven races of his career so far.

The three-year-old, who earned a $5m bonus for winning the Kentucky Derby, has been drawn in stall seven for the Preakness, which is worth $650,000 (£369,000) to the winner.

And trainer John Servis believes seven could well be Smarty Jones' lucky number.

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Smarty Jones dominated the Preakness on Saturday, strengthening his bid to become the first undefeated Triple Crown winner since Seattle Slew in 1977.
Smarty Jones was the heavy favorite after rolling past Lion Heart to win the Kentucky Derby by 2¾ lengths two weeks ago. He overcame the field of nine challengers by about a dozen lengths to take the $1 million Preakness.

Smarty Jones, with Stewart Elliott aboard, covered the 1 3/16 miles in a time of 1.55.24 on a fast track and has now won all eight of his lifetime starts. Smarty Jones, who is Pennsylvania bred, will now head to the Belmont Stakes in three weeks with a chance to become the sport's first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978.

Sir

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It could well be the triple crown for the Smarty. He won the Preakness with ease. Smarty Jones, the 3-5 betting favorite, had the largest winning margin since Survivor took the first running of the Preakness in 1873.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir
It could well be the triple crown for the Smarty. He won the Preakness with ease. Smarty Jones, the 3-5 betting favorite, had the largest winning margin since Survivor took the first running of the Preakness in 1873.

Wow
, that's fairly impressive, dontcha think?
Anyone see the odds now on Smarty getting the Triple Crown?

TRD

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not worth the bet now. Should have done it before the Preakness. Smarty holds every chance now.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Of course, but there have been 3 horses the last 4 years that have won the first 2 races, only to fall short in the Belmont.

top topics

join