It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennis: Henman donates prize money to Tsunami victims

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Tim Henman is donating his prize money from the Australian Open to help the worldwide effort to support the victims of the Asian tsunami. Henman was beaten in the third round by Russian Nikolay Davydenko, earning Aus$46,000 (£18,900).

"I can't imagine what it must have been like to have been caught up in the terrible tragedy," the 30-year-old father of two told his website, www.timhenman.org.

"It was awful watching it unfold at home on TV, especially at Christmas, which obviously is a time for celebration for much of the world.

"Families have obviously been decimated and homes lost as people's lives were changed forever in the space of a few tragic minutes.

"I have been very fortunate in my life both on and off the court. I felt the least I could do was to try and help the effort that so many people have made around the world.

"The Australian Open was disappointing from a professional point of view as I would obviously have liked to have done better.

"At least in winning a couple of matches I have been able to add to the funds that are desperately needed in order to try and get people back on their feet."

Sportinglife

Sir

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Pretty good gesture by him to a worthy cause.

What bugs me sometimes do they do it for the publicity?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
it is for a good cause, am not sure if it is the player himself doing it for publicity, does he have a agent? maybe if its about that, the agent is saying such and such, it portrays you in a good light, am sure with some people. it is a case of that. but its a good situation for them.

he has plenty money, he looks like the good guy and its helping the tsumani fund.

new topics

join