It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Worst game ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The Atlanta Hawks host the Toronto Raptors tonight and, if records are the measuring stick, it's the worst regular-season match-up in NBA history.

The Hawks are 2-12. The Raptors are 1-15. The combined 3-27 winning percentage is .100 and, according to ESPN Research, that is the lowest in league history (based on a minimum of 30 games played).

source

ESPN

This is a game that is definately worth watching. Just for entertainment purposes...

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is an easy one for me, or for any MNF fan my age.

In the early 1980's, the then-St. Louis Cardinals played on Monday Night Football against, I think, one of the New York teams. It was the worst display of football almost any living human had/has seen, and the centerpiece of the stench was, without doubt, SL kicker Neil O'Donahue (sp.?). He missed god-knows-how-many-kicks, including a potential game-ender from extra-point range.

He missed his last one from about 40 yards away, wide by about 40 or 50 feet, as the overtime period expired. Don Meredith, who was still a member of the MNF crew at that time, said, "Well, neither one of these teams deserves to win, and neither one will."

Years later, one of the players said it was two or three months before friends stopped giving him a bad time on account of that "football" game. For those of us who suffered all the way through it--i.e., for those of us who bet on it--that seemed a pretty lenient sentence.

B.H.N.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That was a good game IMO.lol.yeah right it stunk horribly.

new topics

join