It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Kings center Miller breaks leg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sacramento Kings center Brad Miller will be sidelined for at least a month after breaking his left leg during a light shooting drill Saturday.

Miller, a two-time All-Star, missed Sacramento's last six games with a bruised calf. He was expected to return for Sunday's game against Houston -- but in the latest bizarre injury in a long franchise history for the Kings, Miller broke his left fibula during a non-contact drill.

The bone will heal in four to six weeks, according to team doctors, and Miller should be able to ride a stationary bike in 10 days. But the playoffs begin in six weeks, and the Kings aren't sure whether he'll be ready.

The Kings already lost guard Bobby Jackson for the rest of the regular season when he underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left wrist in early January. Peja Stojakovic, the NBA's second-leading scorer last season, has been sidelined or ineffective since straining his hamstring last month, while Cuttino Mobley missed two recent games with a strained lower back.

sports.espn.go.com...

The bad luck for Sacramento continues, I bet they wish they could have Chris Webber back now. That would be devastating to the Kings if he is unable to return for the start of the playoffs, they might not be around long enough for his return.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Do you think this latest injury will be a big enough blow to the team to knock them out of the playoffs?

I think they'll be lucky to wind up with the 7th seed, which they are ahead of by just 3.5 games at the moment...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No, I dont think theres any doubt they're heading to the playoffs. I was just saying that if he isnt available for the first round or so, then they might not still be playing by the time he returns. The middle is suddenly wide open with Webber's trade and Miller and Peja's injuries.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah, that's why I say they'll be lucky to get the 7th spot, I mean, without the big guys, they should lose a few games. Where's our resident Kings fans to chime in?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We did have a decent Kings following here for a while.

They lost this afternoon to the Rockets, 111-96.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And now they have only a game lead over Houston for the 5th spot, with Memphis only 2 more games down. Not much room for error...

top topics

join