It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: 2005 NBA Trading Deadline - Webber to Sixers !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
:party-smiley-018: :party-smiley-018: :party-smiley-018:

Chris Webber is coming to the Sixers!!!!!!

Finally Iverson will have a talented big man to complement his game.

The Kings traded Webber, Matt Barnes, and Michael Bradley to the Sixers for Corliss Williamson, Kenny Thomas, and Brian Skinner. It was reported on ESPN just now by Stephen A Smith but it isn't official yet, this is breaking news.

[Edited on 2-24-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Sacramento Kings and Philadelphia 76ers have completed a deal that will send Chris Webber, Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley to the Sixers for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson and Brian Skinner, two league sources told ESPN Insider Chad Ford.

The Kings have called a news conference for midnight ET to announce the trade.

What is surprising, however, is what the Kings will get from the 76ers in return. None of the three players the Kings receive are as talented as Webber. Each has been struggling this year and all three have long-term contracts equal to the three years, $62 million left on Webber's deal. In other words, this isn't a salary dump by the Kings.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The Golden State Warriors are in serious discussions with the New Orleans Hornets to acquire Baron Davis before Thursday's 3 p.m. trading deadline, league sources told ESPN.com.

The Warriors have the expiring contract of Dale Davis to build a package around, but it's believed that other players from both teams would be involved -- as well as future draft considerations going to the Hornets -- to convince New Orleans to part with its former All-Star guard.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm not worried that we got rid of Webber. Last year we did just fine without him, and some believe we played better. The Sixers should be a big contender now with AI and Webber.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Sixers also traded Big Dog Glenn Robinson for Jamal Mashburn and Rodney Rogers. It looks like Mashburn's career is probably over, but Big Dog wasn't playing anyway so they got Rodney Rogers to help vill the void left by Kenny Thomas and Big Nasty Corliss Williamson.

Look out for the Sixers in the East!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah, the sixers made a huge improvement on thier team here, they should move up the seedings fairly quick, I bet AI is happy

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Yeah, the sixers made a huge improvement on thier team here, they should move up the seedings fairly quick, I bet AI is happy

Yeah Webber should give them a huge boost. I dont know too much about the other two guys. Rodney Rodgers played tonight for the Sixers, he's got some game.

I saw an interview with AI, he was like a little kid on Christmas morning. You could see the excitement, I cant wait for C-Webb's debut on Saturday against the .......ummm.......oh yeah....Sacramento Kings.

:party-smiley-018:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
5 mniutes till tipoff.

The fans are going to give C-Webb a huge welcome in Philly tonight, against his old team. I think he and AI will mesh together well, hopefully in time to make some noise down the stretch and into the playoffs.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Kings won 101-99, Webber missed a shot a the buzzer that would have sent the game into overtime. He looked good though and played well with the other guys, Sacramento is a tough team. That puts the Sixers 3 games under .500 and 1 1/2 games out of first in the Atlantic behind Boston. Time to put a little winning run together and get this squad into the playoffs, it's a whole new season.

[Edited on 2-26-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
That puts the Sixers 3 games under .500 and 1 1/2 games out of first in the Atlantic behind Boston.

Man, that's just a slap in the face reminder of how bad the east is...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Iverson poured in 48 tonight against the Bucks. Last time he played them he had 54. Thankfully they still have another game gainst the Bucks. Chris Webber fouled out, they called a couple weak fouls against him that had him on the bench for a good part of the game before he picked up his 6th.

I'm going to the Sixers game tomorrow night against the Nets. Should be an exciting game with AI and C-Webb and Jason Kidd and Vince Carter. I have great seats, going with my dad, brother, and brother's girlfriend, it's my brother's birthday. Go Sixahs!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hope you enjoy the game, man! Should be a good one, tow of the better teams in the east, and both made moves this season to improve.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Thanks Gibbs, it was fun but the Sixers lost. They looked really tired, they played in Milwaukee last night. They couldn't make much and Webber had a pretty bad game. They need to put something together, they're running out of time. It would be pretty sad if they were to miss the playoffs.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
woah, I hadn't looked at the standings in a while, they aren't looking too hot right now. Hopefully C-Webb finds his shot here shortly, I'm beting he will in a week or two...

[Edited on 3/3/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well after the weekend's games, the Sixers find themselves in the 8th and final playoff spot but just a game and a half out of the 3rd spot.

East standings 3/7/2005

1. Miami
2. Detroit, 7 1/2 games back
3. Boston, 13 1/2
4. Washington, 10 1/2
5. Cleveland, 12 1/2
6. Orlando, 12 1/2
7. Chicago, 13 1/2
8. Philadelphia, 15

9. Indiana, 15
10. NewJersey, 18 1/2

www.sportsline.com...

[Edited on 3-7-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
the eastern conference is completely changed since last year

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Anyone else watching the sixers just own the Pistons?

It's 84-60, and it's the end of the 3rd quarter...

Of course, the Pistons did play last night, and they are missing Hamilton...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Anyone else watching the sixers just own the Pistons?

It's 84-60, and it's the end of the 3rd quarter...

Of course, the Pistons did play last night, and they are missing Hamilton...

Yeah, the Pistons were raped. Allen Iverson had 39/10(assists) and Andre Iguodala had a triple double with 10/10/10 and added four steals without any turnovers. Chris Webber had a really good scoring game, I think the most efficient since he's arriving in Philly. The Pistons had no response and were missing their head coach and leading scorer. I think the Sixers might be able to put up a nice run for the rest of the season after a confidence boosting blowout win like this.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KL Dawger
I think the Sixers might be able to put up a nice run for the rest of the season after a confidence boosting blowout win like this.

I hope so, I'd love to see them do well this year in the palyoffs, even though they don't stand much of a chance for the title.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't even think the sixers will make the playoffs. Unless Webber steps up his game and the bench start helping out and Korver doesn't sit in one spot waiting for a three-point shot, they have no chance!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join