It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Shaq takes out Kobe on new CD

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Shaquille O'Neal takes a jab at former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant in a new rap CD.

In a collaboration with DJ Vlad on the song You Not the Fightin' Type, Shaq calls out Cincinnati-based radio disc jockey DJ Skillz and says, "Even with wings you never as fly as me ... you remind me of Kobe Bryant trying to be as high as me ... but you can't ... even if you get me traded ... wherever I'm at, I'm Puffy; you Mase and you're still hated."

Bryant signed a contract with the Lakers for seven years and $136.4 million in July. And it is widely thought his strong influence led to the departure of O'Neal — who was traded to the Heat — and the retirement of Phil Jackson as the team's head coach.

Those moves came following the Lakers' disappointing loss in five games to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals.

O'Neal has made two other rap albums, Shaq Diesel and Shaq Fu -- Da Return. While teaming with Bryant, they led the Lakers to three straight NBA titles from 2000-02.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
so, is anyone rushing out to buy the album?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
so, is anyone rushing out to buy the album?

lol, I don't listen to rap. :angry-smiley-034:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I recall seeing one of his rap music videos a few years ago after the second championship...yikes.

Rap blows though. Too bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't listen to rap either, but, even so, is Shaq any good? Or do peoplejust buy the album because it's Shaq? Like he needs the money...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
He isn't very good from what I hear. Just like his acting career.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Shaq rappin is like Jordan playing baseball. Second rate.

top topics

join