It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball: Bulls' guard breaks leg in accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago Bulls guard Jay Williams broke his leg in a motorcycle accident Thursday evening.

Details of the accident were unclear to team officials, spokesman Tim Hallam said.

"He's OK, but to the extent of the leg injury, we don't want to speculate," Hallam said.

But Williams' father, David, said his son was expected to be in surgery for three or four hours.

Jay Williams was at the Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago. Hospital officials could not immediately comment on his player's condition.

Team spokesman Brandon Faber said Jay Williams recently bought the motorcycle.

The Bulls got the first-round draft pick from Duke last year. The 21-year-old player averaged 9.5 points last season.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
wow that could hurt them if he isnt healthy for next season

Ben

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The thing also was the Bulls were looking to trade Williams to another team for a draft pick.

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
DEERFIELD, Ill.-- The Chicago Bulls believe Jay Williams will miss next season because of the broken pelvis and knee injuries from a motorcycle crash last week.

Paxson also confirmed that Williams has a fractured pelvis as well as damaged ligaments in his left knee. He would not give further details on Williams' injury or care, citing federal privacy laws.

While Paxson wouldn't discuss Williams' playing future beyond next season, a source close to Williams has told The Associated Press his injuries are severe enough to jeopardize his career.

espn.go.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
its not necessarily his playing that they needed, but they could have used him to trade.

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Damn that sucks. Hope he recovers soon. I bet it musta hurt like hell.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
by the way it was dumb of him to not wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's a really sad, sad story.

It kind of reminds me of what happened to Bobby Hurley when he was with the Kings.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Chicago Bulls point guard Jay Williams has moved his left foot in a manner that indicates he did not receive major nerve damage in his recent motorcycle accident. At least, according to the Chicago Tribune, that is what Sports Illustrated has been told by Williams' agent, Bill Duffy.

Nerve damage was considered a major reason the Bulls feared Williams, 21, would never play again after crashing his motorcycle on June 19. In the accident, Williams suffered a fractured pelvis, which has required two surgeries so far, and ligament damage in his left knee. He's expected to undergo surgery on the knee.

espn.go.com...

Fox, I thought of Bobby Hurley the minute I saw this story on the news.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Oh man, thats too bad for JWill. I think he should have stayed at Duke another year cause he didnt look ready yet this past season, you know? I hope he recovers and can start playing again too.

join