It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: IT IS SUPER SUNDAY!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I LOVE THE SUPER BOWL

Super Bowl Sunday, why is this day not considered a holiday. I'm not truely being serious but it is as close as it gets. Since September we have watched some of the best athletes in the world compete every Sunday. We have seen these guys thrive and we have seen them fail. We have heard everything about these guys' personal lives that the media can get there tape recorders on. Most of us have seen our favorite team falter long ago. In my case The Pack faltered oh about Week 9 or so when they were eliminated mathmatically.(I don't know if that was the correct week but has to be close) But millions of Americans many of them who only watch football once a year will see these guys live a childhood dream and that is special. We see them on the biggest stage they will ever do ANYTHING on.

I feel like I get to know the players. I know we don't get the whole picture. But when you feel the way myself and many others do about the way the fairy tale involving Bettis is unfolding, some reporter, somewhere is doing something right. If the Steelers win it will be one of those moments in sports that seems perfect and scripted. If they lose I will be very disappointed and feel very bad for The Bus.

To hear the way guys who have played in Super Bowls talk is amazing. We watch the game and overlook the fact that the players on the field are doing what every athlete who has ever played a sport has dreamed of. They are playing for a WORLD TITLE. A lot of us can start to wrap our minds around the magnitude of that. We have had experiences that have been ecstacy, the feeling athletic accomplishments and screaming crowds gives you is better than any drug. But we will never feel what these players will tonight.

I have been watching a lot of Super Bowl highlights and have seen interviews with a lot of guys that played in a Super Bowl. Watching that and hearing them talk about it got my blood pumping and I wondered why. Well know I know, it's because I love to compete. I also love to watch others put it all on the line and compete. The range of emotion between winner or loser is fascinating to me. The stories surrounding the games intrigue me and bottom line is I LOVE THE SUPER BOWL

My prediction.....Steelers win 27-24 in a game for the ages. Pretty bold prediction isn't it? We'll see.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I haven't talked much or researched much into the game myself, so I'm going with my gut's prediction. For some reason a Seahawk 24-21 win keeps poping up in my head so I pick that. I'd like to see the Steelers win, for no particular reason, but I think the Hawks have this by 3.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This should be one of the very best Super Bowls ever. Less than an hour to kick off!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'll predict Seattle to win 27-21.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My prediction is it'll go to overtime, but the Seahawks will win on a defensive play. scoring will be in the low '30s, (with a chance of snow
)

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
hopefully the seahawks will be able to pull this one off, the whole area is on edge, if nothing else i hope that it is a good close game,

the national anthem was pretty terrible....nowhere to go but up from here......GO SEAHAWKS

top topics

join