It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

including authors names in quotes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   

LMAO

I'm using a quote from one of my posts on another thread as an example.How do I get the authors name included in quotes. What do I do wrong? They way I quote is to copy, click on the yellow speech bubble symbol and paste where it asks for text. But I get no name included. Also quite often when I paste it, the quote is incomplete so I find it easier to paste direct into my reply but I worry that it isn't obviouse that its a quote that way.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha

Don't try so hard, and let the program work for you.
Simply click the quote option, and edit text not needed.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha

LMAO

I'm using a quote from one of my posts on another thread as an example.How do I get the authors name included in quotes. What do I do wrong? They way I quote is to copy, click on the yellow speech bubble symbol and paste where it asks for text. But I get no name included. Also quite often when I paste it, the quote is incomplete so I find it easier to paste direct into my reply but I worry that it isn't obviouse that its a quote that way.

All I've done is to hit the Quote icon in the top right hand corner above your post and then write below it.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
actually just before you replied I noticed the quote button in the top right hand corner of the posts. Mind you that was only cause I swapped from ATS to BTS. it's much more obvious there . The blue stands out. perhaps the colour should be changed on ATS so that its more obvious cause I've noticed that a couple of others must have had the same problem as me.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

top topics

join