It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: The idiot kicker is back. ! - Vanderjagt talking trash

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Indianapolis' Mike Vanderjagt provided a nice bit of bulletin-board material for the New England Patriots after proclaiming the defending Super Bowl champs to be "ripe for the picking" according to a report in the Boston Herald.

"I think they're not as good as the beginning of the year, not as good as last year. And I think they're beatable," Vanderjagt said. "We have to play well. There's no question about that. But I think we're going to come back (to Indianapolis) Sunday night going to the AFC title game."

The quote was reminiscent of Colts tight end Marcus Pollard's comments last season. After winning a pair of playoff games to set up a showdown with the Patriots in the AFC title game, Pollard said if the Colts continued to play that way, the NFL should "just hand us the rings."

And we know how that played out. Peyton Manning threw four interceptions and the Patriots won 24-14 en route to their second Super Bowl win in three years.

LINK

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think he speaks the truth, but he should keephis moth shut, he doesn't need to get the Pats fired up.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Keep up the good work VandeChoke! Now let's hear from some Colt receivers!!

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison fired back at the Indianapolis kicker.

"He has to be a jerk, Vanderjerk," Harrison said.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm waiting for them to put Bruchi (sp) on the kickoff team to lay a hit on "Vanderjerk".

Ben

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
He does speak the truth there isnt a doubt about that. But he does need to keep his mouth shut what PA had said before.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
PA didn't post...well at least not yet.

[Edited on 1/12/05 by Austin]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i really don't understand what was so wrong with what vanderjagt said. he simply said that he thought the pats could be beat this year and they weren't as good. i think he's right. they did lose to the dolphins after all. they're playing troy brown on d. i mean let's be honest, they aren't as good. so it's a kicker saying it, who cares? we all know he loves to run his mouth...it worked last time he ran his mouth. let's see what happens this time.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is what I think will be the Pats downfall.. They seem way to over-confident. They mustn't forget how close they came to a loss against them earlier in the year. Had it not been for the COLTS mistakes, not the Pats defense, The Pats would be 13-3 right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Giant One, you are mistaken. If you review the tape of that first meeting, it was the Patriot's miscues that kept and let Indy back in the game. Prior to that they were whipped puppies.

As Ming revealed in another recent post, Ty Law didn't play in the entire 2nd half of that game.

There is no way on your earth that this Pat's team is overconfident -they remain chafing under the hairshirt of the pronouncement of Peyton as the 2nd coming - and you know what? He hasn't won anything yet.

top topics

join