It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Packers vs. Eagles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I know it's early but as a die hard Packers fan I wait all week for this stuff.

I think this promises to be a good game. The Packers, still bitter about last years playoff loss to the Eagles, should come out swinging.

Ahman Green will be back in the lineup along with Najeh Davenport.

Farve as always looks hungry.

The Eagles defense, very dependent on the pass rush, will be going up against one of the leagues elite offensive lines. Pretty sure they have the fewest recorded sacks in the league... if not... darn close.

Carrol and Harris are finally looking like the excellent DB's they were supposed to be.

I'm going out on a limb.... Pack by 9 or more....:party-smiley-018:

www.packers.com...

www.philadelphiaeagles.com...

[Edited on 12/3/04 by Lostsailor]

TRD

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It should be a good game and i'll go against ya and say the Eagles.

The Eagles are not giving up to many points and if Green is still a bit iffy he might not produce big. If the Packers try to blitz, that will leave T.O wide open. If the double up on him Todd Pinkston knows how to get open. Although they are quite evenly matched running the ball i just give the Eagles the edge.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Is there anyway to wager sportz points on these games?

Or do I need to accumulate more before I can make a wager?

I really think Harris will hold his own against T.O. and if not Sharper at the safety position will give hi all the help he needs.... The Packs run defense won't need Sharpers help if Grady Jackson stays healthy throughout the game.

TRD

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sadly we don't have a points system on here like ATS, but nothing to say it won't happen in the future.

But it's a good idea to do for next season, we can start off with a certain amount using real odds from the bookmakers and place wagers for each week using 'cyber cash' the one with the most cash at the end will be crowned the winner...

As for the game i'm looking forward to it being a great game...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey sailor - good idea on getting a points systems, so that we can wager them, that'd be hilarious...

I'm gonna have ot go with the Eagles on this one, but my heart wants the Pack to win, just because they are playing the Eagles...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'd love to see the Packers win, too. But it just isn't going to happen. The Eagles are the Partiots of the NFC (take that Gibbsy!).

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hmmmmm... I really think you guys are going by the standings... You have to take into consideration the rivalry of the NFC north... You know... the "Black and Blue" division... It's a tough division that can make great teams seem ordinary.

I really wish I could wager with you guys because I think my Pack will pull out ahead. :angry-smiley-034:

At least in this game.

[Edited on 12/4/04 by Lostsailor]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sailor, mon ami, you truly are lost. Lost in the faded glory of the NFC North. Let's look at recent history since in sports that's all that counts. The Eagles have pretty much rocked everybody - until the playoff chokes - in their path. Including the gottalove 'em lots-of-heart Packers. Since you think the Pack will win straight up - I bet you $500 (Sportztawk money, of course) that the Eagles prevail. Be prepared to Pack it in matey.

[Edited on 12/4/04 by MingMercil]

[Edited on 12/4/04 by MingMercil]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Pack have waited a year to avenge their 4th and 26 cough-up against Philly in the playoffs last year. With the Eagles already having wrapped up their division and the Pack on a nice roll, I'm picking GB by a touchdown.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Cbssportsline's analysis.........

Look for Philadelphia to exploit a defense ranked 22nd against the pass, with a league-low 8 takeaways. The Packers are vulnerable to the pass, largely because they don't pressure the pocket. With 20 sacks, they're among the league's bottom feeders, and the 21 passing touchdowns by opponents is among the highest. Philadelphia, on the other hand, is among the best at squeezing the pocket, but good luck here. Favre has been sacked just five times all season.

Something you might want to consider: The Eagles not only are 8-0 against NFC opponents; they won each conference game by 10 or more points.

Final score: Philadelphia 27, Green Bay 17.

www.sportsline.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
Since you think the Pack will win straight up - I bet you $500 (Sportztawk money, of course) that the Eagles prevail. Be prepared to Pack it in matey.

Ok my fellow football fan... I will take you up on this wager.:approve:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'll have some of that.

Eagles all the way baby!!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yeah sailor, sorry to break it to you, but you're thining with your heart, not with your head...Eagles, 31-28.

-"Take it from me, I'm sucking up the tail end of the Pick Em league"

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think the game will be close, maybe one TD in it. GB have alot going for them and sometimes the Eagles seem to struggle a little if Westbrook isnt in full flow. Tough one to call and i cant really make my mind up, i am edging towards GB a bit but i dont like to say.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

yes... it is.... I'm nervous.....

Of coure I'm thinking with my heart... it's usually right.

[Edited on 12/5/04 by Lostsailor]

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
STANDINGS:

Packers -- 1st place (tied), NFC North. Eagles -- 1st place, NFC East.

PACKERS LEADERS:

Offense -- Favre, 2,841 passing yards and 22 passing TDs; Green, 879 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs; Donald Driver, 61 receptions; Javon Walker, 960 receiving yards and 9 receiving TDs. Defense -- Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, 7½ sacks; Darren Sharper, 3 interceptions.

EAGLES LEADERS:

Offense -- McNabb, 2,892 passing yards and 23 passing TDs; Brian Westbrook, 668 rushing yards; McNabb and Westbrook, 3 rushing TDs; Owens, 61 receptions, 969 receiving yards and 13 receiving TDs. Defense -- Jevon Kearse, 7½ sacks; Lito Sheppard, 4 interceptions.

PACKERS TEAM RANK:

Rushing Offense -- 135.1 yards per game (8th in NFL); Passing Offense -- 275.5 ypg (3rd); Total Offense -- 410.5 ypg (3rd). Rushing Defense -- 104.9 ypg (9th); Passing Defense -- 240.3 ypg (28th); Total Defense -- 345.2 ypg (24th).

EAGLES TEAM RANK:

Rushing Offense -- 108.9 yards per game (17th); Passing Offense -- 249.2 ypg (6th); Total Offense -- 358.1 ypg (8th). Rushing Defense -- 120.7 ypg (20th); Passing Defense -- 205.6 ypg (15th); Total Defense -- 326.4 ypg (15th).

LAST MEETING:

Jan. 11; Eagles, 20-17, OT. At Philadelphia, McNabb helped the Eagles erase an early 14-0 deficit with two touchdown passes, and set an NFL playoff record for quarterbacks by rushing for 107 yards.

STREAKS AND NOTES:

Packers -- Green Bay has lost six straight in Philadelphia since 1962. ... RB Green needs 121 yards rushing for his fifth 1,000-yard season, which would tie Jim Taylor for the most in team history. ... DE Gbaja-Biamila has six sacks in the last four games. Eagles -- Philadelphia has won all eight of its games against NFC foes by double digits. ... QB McNabb is two TD passes shy of his career high of 25, set in 2001. ... Reid will become the winningest coach in team history with a win. He's tied with Greasy Neale for the club record with 65.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS:

Packers -- 4-1 on the road; Eagles -- 5-0 at home.

Link

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Your dedication to research amazes me TRD... Keep up the good work. Just curious... You're in the U.K. right? Whats with the interest in American football? I thought Europeans hated this stuff.:tum:

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hehe just building the game up...:party-smiley-018:

It's a 9.15pm GMT kickoff in the UK so awhile to go yet. I think it will be the game of the day.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
oooh... Fumble!!!!! Is anyone else fed up with this downfield contact rule in the NFL? As if the DB's job wasn't tough enough already.

Ack then Favre tghrows a pick while I'm typing this....

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostsailor
Your dedication to research amazes me TRD... Keep up the good work. Just curious... You're in the U.K. right? Whats with the interest in American football? I thought Europeans hated this stuff.:tum:

I am a sports buff, in the UK sports and the US. I did write a bit for a local paper and stuff quite a few years ago. The NFL and Baseball are my two fav US sports. I don't really like the Hockey or Basketball but my absolute fav sport is Football/Soccer. Plus comming from a sporting and sport fanatic family helps a bit...

<<   2  3 >>

join