It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Eli Manning gets the nod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Giants are on a slide, they are giving up way too many sacks and the offense is struggling. It looks like Kurt Warner is on the downslide and the decision is to start Rookie QB Eli Manning.

Is it the right decision?

Well thats a hard one, he certainly will be more mobile than Warner but the Falcons are certainly on a roll. They have yet to put up a real big score and they are well overdue.

The pressure from the media on Manning will be huge and expectations will be high for him to perform well. As for the Giants winning, Manning will have to not just have a good game, he will have to have a fantastic game to beat the Falcons.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
He may not of beaten the Falcons (or are they called the Atlanta Vicks lol) but he showed alot of promise and learnt from every minute that he was in
I am not sure he will be as good as his brother but i feel that he could be an eventual pro bowl QB

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Not too bad for his first start. He'll go through his growing pains like all QB's do but if he has half the tools his brother has, he's going to be good.

Drew Henson made his debut today as well in relief of an ineffective Vinny Testaverde and looked very good and poised in the pocket as he led the Cowboys to their only TD drive. I hope Parcells sticks with Henson, he's going to be good IMO. Not sure if you guys know this fact, but 2-time Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady used to be Henson's back-up at Michigan.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I give Eli credit. I didn't want him in but he played pretty well. What really bothers me though is the disrespect being shown to Kurt Warner. In my book, Warner has paid his dues and the job should be his unless they start on a losing spiral. Unless he wanted to be pulled because of a bad thumb, I think it was an unwise move to replace him. By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Tom Coughlin seems to be a little bit of a nut case? Speaking of coaches, does Dave Wannstedt look like the happiest guy in the world or what?!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We all will give credit to warner in NYC, but the fact is now it is eli's team, warner played well but it wasnt good enough to keep eli on the bench, and he played well in his first game, he got better througout the game, and his wr made a lot of dropss off of catchable balls.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Aieeeee. It is so.

top topics

join