It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Calico returns to work with scout team

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Tennessee receiver Tyrone Calico worked with the scout team Thursday, his first practice since surgery to repair torn knee cartilage on Sept. 1.

"It's the first time he's had a helmet on doing this," coach Jeff Fisher said. "It was good to see. I'd say he has a chance."

The Titans (1-1) can use the 6-foot-4 receiver to help stretch defenses, but he missed the first two games while recovering from spraining both knees in their exhibition victory over Dallas on Aug. 30.

He is listed as questionable for Sunday's game with Jacksonville (2-0).

Calico said he is feeling comfortable and hopes to be able to work with the first-team offense Friday. He said Thursday's work was very encouraging after being limited Wednesday.

"It's a good thing they've been looking out for me. If not, I'd be out there hard-headed, going full speed and be out for the season," Calico said.

The Titans' receiving corps may be at full strength. Jake Schifino also has practiced the past two weeks after being limited by a sore hamstring that had Fisher publicly criticizing him.

Starting offensive left tackle Brad Hopkins, who sat out with a sore right knee Wednesday, practiced Thursday.

"He's still a little sore," Fisher said. "We need to find an oil can some place, loosen him up a little bit. But he'll be OK by Sunday."

new topics

join