It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there really aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 04:59 PM
link   
seriously i think there is
i mean think about it the universe is so huge and inmense THAT for us to be the only living thing in the universe is type silly to think. i just think that they won't be like we picture them "green and 3 eyes" there may not even be an organ
but just a cell a a micro organism. i mean i believe in the "big bam" theory (as well as the religous) but what ever way we were created dopn't u think that in another galaxy there may happen the same thing. to me it's just stupid to think that we are the only living organisms in the universe when it is so immense. But hey that's just my opinion. Bye

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Of course there are aliens. They've been here in our past. There here NOW in our present. They'll be here in our future.

What I find interesting (just read about it recently), is that in the 1800's, the moons of Uranus (either uranus or it's moons, can't remember) were discovered BEFORE the one's of mar's. It's odd how we can find something small so far away from us, yet we never noticed something closer to home.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I live out here by Area 51 and have never seen an Alien. However, there are a lot of UFO's in these skies.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yes there are aliens. They have been to Earth, and are on Earth.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 09:46 PM
link   
hey u show me some real pictures and i believe u.

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Since u r a skeptic, u would not belive any photos I could show u. How can u say they do not exist?

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yes the universe is huge, but that doesn't mean there are intelligent life out there, other than angels of course.....
All UFO phenomenon can be attributed to just that fact. I had a post up a while back on the topic but not too many people responded to it which was too bad. You see the "aliens" and UFO's are all part of another one of Satan and friend's deception.
Many ufologists today that have studied this stuff for many years going over all the info, talking to contactees, and what not have found that there's many similarities between UFO type stuff and the world of the occult. Even those who aren't Christians acknowledge this. But still the majority of them believe in the Extraterrestrial Theory even amidst all the evidence that says the contrary. Why? Probably because they want to believe that some advanced species from the cosmos will come solve all of our world's problems. In light of the evidence and the messages that they tell us it is impossible for me to acknowledge for a second that they are the product of some intelligent race from the stars. After all, the messages from them are nothing but the same old stuff that has been coming to us from the world of the occult since waaaay back in the day.
I find it very hard to believe intelligent life out there would come all this way to bash the bible and God, tell us to advance our psychic abilities, and help to usher in a new age of occult enlightenment in which some form of extreme totalitarianism will be required, (NWO?), among others.
Another note: people have seen UFO's change shape many times, seen them go from extremely fast speeds to a dead stop or make a 90 degree turn at those speeds, or straight into the water. Advanced or not what kind of physical craft could accomplish that? Seems more like a manipulation of energy and matter. After all Satan is called the "prince of the powers of the air."
If you want a good book to read on the subject I reccomend The Facts on UFO's and other Supernatural Phenomena by John Ankerberg and John Weldon. It's a small 44 page book you can find at either a Christian book store or maybe a library? It gives an unbiased review of all the facts about UFO's and such and has a bunch of other resources from other people, (no, not all Christians either), who have researched this stuff for a long time and at least one contactee who has had repeated contacts.
Also, JediMaster, how would aliens fit into Catholicism? Just curious.......

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yes... Unfortunatly there are. And the reason why i say that is because as far as my reading studding and weeding out the bull # that I can, Ive come to the conclusion we could be in a alot of trouble. Ive only got caught up correctly to about 1955 effectivly. Not sure whats really going on. There is alot of interesting material to read.. But dont believe everything you read.. A good author would like nothing but to keep you reading and clicking all over his sight to read his next page of BS. Do research on Nordics and greys, there are 3 different types of greys you know. Just like humans with different aggendas and personalitys, aliens are the same. Many, many hostile, and many, many, neutral with commen sence. I would only research these if your really interested but you may not like what you find.. You find the truth, you wont look at the world the same. Think about it. Sometimes your better off not knowing?

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sandman,

Well...Me not being religous and all that good nonsense... I have personally seen a couple of UFO's. One was triangular the other a hovering orange ball I saw from a distance...

Aliens have been here for a very looong time. It's in our ancient myth's too...There called god's.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 01:26 PM
link   
yes there are really aliens on earth and i will get a web site to prove it.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 04:31 PM
link   
of course there are aliens, to say we are the only living planet in the universe is ridiculously selfish. Now if they are green with giant almond shaped eyes and like to use anal probes on people is a completely different story...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SandMan

that was rediculous... there isnt ANY proof of any of that in this common age..where have you been?

do you see any topics of arial phenomena related to satan or angels. not really.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluegrl89
i mean think about it the universe is so huge and inmense THAT for us to be the only living thing in the universe is type silly to think.

So what you're basically saying is that if I have a box with a red ball in it, then if I make that box really, really big, another red ball is just bound to be in it somewhere? Just where is this ball supposed to come from? The more emptiness there is, the more chance there will be something in it?

That don't make no sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There is no concrete proof of intelligent life.I don't understand why people make this thread at least five times a day.People want dna,materialistic objects,a ship other then pictures,eyewitness and stories.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SandMan
Yes the universe is huge, but that doesn't mean there are intelligent life out there, other than angels of course.....
All UFO phenomenon can be attributed to just that fact.

I see you have the whole thing figured out.

I had a post up a while back on the topic but not too many people responded to it which was too bad. You see the "aliens" and UFO's are all part of another one of Satan and friend's deception.

I'm guessing not many people responded because there's tons of threads here on the Aliens & UFOs forum filled with that religious nonsense (my opinion), that dismiss or downplay the possibility and evidence of the existence and origin of alien beings based on... nothing but personal beliefs.

Usually the argument of "your side" goes like this: "aliens don't exist, only angels and demons", "aliens are actually angels/demons" and so on. I (like to) think people in the Aliens & UFO forum enjoy more logical and reason based arguments than the religious approaches.

Many ufologists today that have studied this stuff for many years going over all the info, talking to contactees, and what not have found that there's many similarities between UFO type stuff and the world of the occult. Even those who aren't Christians acknowledge this. But still the majority of them believe in the Extraterrestrial Theory even amidst all the evidence that says the contrary.

You mean you have evidence that shows that aliens are actually angels/demons? Not based on religious stories, I mean

Why? Probably because they want to believe that some advanced species from the cosmos will come solve all of our world's problems.

In contradiction to a magical being in the sky that will come solve all of our world's problems?

Not everyone who believes in the ETH or inter-dimensional alien hypothesis believes they will come and save us or even that they are benevolent.

After all, the messages from them are nothing but the same old stuff that has been coming to us from the world of the occult since waaaay back in the day.

I guess you have discarded the possibility that extra-terrestrial/dimensional beings have been visiting Earth for hundreds and thousands of years and people in the past thought of them as gods or angels and demons as the only means of trying to understand and explain them, then?

I find it very hard to believe intelligent life out there would come all this way to bash the bible and God,

Ah, so that's what this is all about.

If you want a good book to read on the subject I reccomend The Facts on UFO's and other Supernatural Phenomena by John Ankerberg and John Weldon. It's a small 44 page book you can find at either a Christian book store or maybe a library? It gives an unbiased review of all the facts about UFO's

I'm sure a book written by devout Christians about the facts of UFOs are as much unbiased as factual.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SandMan
All UFO phenomenon can be attributed to just that fact.

I did not have to read past the first sentence to be completely convinced of the garbage contained within it.

Prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that Angels exist.

Just to let you know, I am married to the daughter of a famous christian music artist whose songs are used in churches worldwide. He used to co-pastor one of the biggest churches in the Southern Hemisphere. After having had many lengthy conversations with him I know that he has lost a lot of 'faith' in not only the church but religion as a whole, he sees the other side of the argument (the one about religion being a hoax) and agrees it makes sense. The reason I say all this is to give you the background knowledge of why I stated the above.

I will not comment on the rest of the post as it appears most of what I would say is covered in Danx's post.

Also, JediMaster, how would aliens fit into Catholicism? Just curious.......

Why don't you ask The Director of the Vatican's Observatory, Fr. José Gabriel Funes. From www.catholicnewsagency.com...

Vatican City, May 13, 2008 / 01:59 pm (CNA).- The Director of the Vatican's Observatory, Fr. José Gabriel Funes, said in an interview with the Vatican daily, L'Osservatore Romano, that believing in the possible existence of extraterrestrial life is not opposed to Catholic doctrine.

It continues...

When he was asked about the possibility of extraterrestrial life, the Director of the Vatican Observatory responded that "it is possible, even if until now, we have no proof. But certainly in such a big universe this hypothesis cannot be excluded."

Asked is he sees a contradiction between the Catholic faith and believing in aliens, he said, "I think there isn't (a contradiction). Just as there is a multiplicity of creatures over the earth, so there could be other beings, even intelligent (beings), created by God. This is not in contradiction with our faith, because we cannot establish limits to God's creative freedom. To say it with St. Francis, if we can consider some earthly creatures as 'brothers' or 'sisters', why could we not speak of a 'brother alien'? He would also belong to the creation."

I do not necessarily agree with what he says but only from a religious perspective.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I'm not sure if Sandman will reply, that post was from 2002.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jibbs

LOL yeah I just saw that LordThumbs bumped it from 2002. Oh well, perhaps the years have changed the Sandman's opinions. We can only hope.

[edit on 16/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
WOW ... this has gotta be the oldest revived post ever

I don't think the OP will be replying either but you never know!

I don't buy the "the universe is so big there must be other civilizations" argument / view ... it's just as likely that we're the only inhabited planet.

Now, as to beings from other spiritual dimensions, that's more likely in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join