It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Milloy breaks arm

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Buffalo lost starting safety Lawyer Milloy and backup quarterback Travis Brown with injuries during Saturday night's 30-17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Milloy broke his right forearm when he jarred the ball loose from Colts receiver Brandon Stokley in the third quarter. He is scheduled for surgery Sunday.

"I think my hand got caught in the turf," Milloy said. "I couldn't feel anything in my fingers. I just sat there and held my arm."

Bills officials did not say how much time Milloy would miss. He has started all but six games in a nine-year career that started with New England. Milloy said he hoped to return for the season-opener against Jacksonville.

Brown injured his left knee, the second major injury to the Bills' quarterback corps this week. First-round pick J.P. Losman broke his left leg in practice Tuesday and is out indefinitely. Losman is expected to be Drew Bledsoe's eventual successor.

Brown, expected to back up Bledsoe this season, also was injured in the third quarter when defensive tackle Durrand Roundtree rushed in and hit him around the knee. Brown slapped the ground, then rolled over and stayed down for several minutes before trainers helped him onto a golf cart and took him off the field. Bledsoe walked over and gave Brown a hug before Brown was taken into the locker room.

Bills officials were uncertain how severe the injury was, but Brown believed it could be serious.

"We won't know anything official until they do an MRI," Brown said. "Not being a doctor, I don't know, but it's probably not real good. It's painful."

Brown was replaced by Greg Zolman, who was in the Colts' training camp in 2002. It was Zolman's first preseason appearance.

Brown was supposed to compete for the backup job last season but hurt a finger on his throwing hand in a preseason game. He was released after reaching an injury settlement with Buffalo. The Bills re-signed Brown in December, and he made two appearances as a backup to Bledsoe.

Bills cornerback Troy Vincent also temporarily lost feeling in the right side of his face and his jaw after a collision with Milloy. But Vincent returned in the third quarter and said he was OK.

join