It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we really go to war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Incase you haven't been paying attention to the news, Saddam has already accepted the UN resolution.

Now it's just a matter of compliance.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Psypher you idiot, you are a fool to think I don't know my own history, the Soviet Union spent ALL the time from 1939 to 1941 moving ALL the factories it had in beylor-russia and ukraine to the urals.

You wanna know why?

BECAUSE STALIN AND HITLER BOTH HATED EACHOTHER AND THEY KNEW THEY WOULD BE FIGHTING SOON!

Now sit down and pick up a history book.

You can read the reasons there....if you think Stalin was surprised by hitler's attack you are an idiot. And if you think that it is Logistically BETTER to move the factories FURTHER FROM THE FRONT then you are futher stupid. In fact I'm sure there is something in writing somewhere that even has stalin talking about it, but I'm not looking for it, that can be your homework.

I bet you think it was the Russian Winter that "saved" russia too....god shows how much Americans really know about foriegn history.

In actuality russian victory was achieved more so by the Russian useage of the hmm S.A.W. automatic? Or is it Squad Automatic, I can never remember the names....but the introduction of a new weapon as standard issue was what saved russia, previously they had been using the ol' 1 gun 2 guys tactic. The introduction of some modern weaponry, and Tanks that worked more efficiently in winter conditions, mudered the Nazis.

In any case...the Soviets knew they were going to be attacked, they prepared for it, you want proof open a history book.

Oh and Psypher you ask WHY they would sign the treaty? Because they BOTH needed time. Hitler knew he could not fight a war on 2 fronts, he went through WW1, and Russia knew that if they were attacked in 1939 they would lose all their tank and munitions production capacity. Hitler knew that he would need to remove the french before he even thought about attacking the Russians, or else the allies would have full access to attcking germany directly.

They both signed the pact as a means to prolong the inevitable, so that both of them stood a chance.

Soviet Union would have fallen if Germany attaced in '39 but Germany would have fallen shortly after....remember, there are political entanglements here, Russia is trying to keep communism, if it were to buckle under the Nazis then Nazis would occupy Russia until it was liberated by the Allies and the allies wouldn't hesitate at the chance to remove communism from the earth.

I bet you did not know that just after WW2 we tried to help the Nationals in China kill the communists...why do you think there is a Taiwan?

To sum it up, a war between Germany and Russia in '39 would have been the death of BOTH nations. In their eyes at the time.

Of course not even hitler's generals expected France to buckle so quickly.

Now if there is an EDUCATED person who has come across another reason that they signed the Treatie by my guest, but they knew they would be at war with eachother. One other primary reason....every nation's leader at the time knew that Hitler had proclaimed that Russia would be Germany's India.

You really think Stalin thought that meant they were going to sit on their asses the whole time?

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 17-11-2002 by FreeMason]

[Edited on 17-11-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hahahaha.........

Thank you so very much for proving to everyone on here that you are a certifiable retard!

You keep saying: "pick up a history book", yet you do not show me any real proof. Any 5 year old can say go look in a book (knowing fully well that there is nothing in writing to support the claims). There is not a history book in the world that would back up the utter garbage you keep spewing. Know why? Because you are talking sh!t and you know it. You have yet to provide an iota of evidence to back up your claim.

I bet you think it was the Russian Winter that "saved" russia too. In any case...the Soviets knew they were going to be attacked, they prepared for it

Actually I DO think that. And you know what? So does the rest of the world. Because that was the case. If it was June instead....lets just say that Germany would be a very big country.

Hitler knew he could not fight a war on 2 fronts

WHAT?!?! That just proves you don't know jack SH!T about history. That is EXACTLY why Germany lost the war. Hitler foolishly attempted to fight a war on two fronts (east and west), despite the warnings and strong objections from his generals and military strategists. So you can delude yourself as much as you want if it makes you happier about your national identity or whatever, but the fact remains that if Hitler had not divided his military, the USSR and all its primitive technology would have been crushed like insignificant rats!!

shows how much Americans really know about foriegn history

If it wasn't for us, "foriegn history" would have ended up very differently,and all of europe (and Russia) would be under iron fist nazi control.

Please think first before you come running in here with your mouth half-cocked, fool.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well, go to war. Bomb the towel heads. And then to the victor go the spoils. Aka, OIL!!! Texas tea, black gold.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thats EXACTLY why the US wants to go into the middle-east again!!! Ha! Human rights violations my a$$! Bio-chem weapons??? Yeah right, like the US is really scared of Iraq's useless sh!t.....

[Edited on 19-11-2002 by psypher]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join