It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Boldin has surgery

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin, last season's offensive rookie of the year, underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday after tests found torn cartilage in his right knee.

Coach Dennis Green called the injury "a slight tear" and said Boldin should be able to return within weeks, suggesting he would be ready for the regular-season opener at St. Louis on Sept. 12. The Cardinals start their exhibition schedule Saturday at Minnesota.

"Very relieved," Green said. "I think Anquan is one of the top receivers in the game. He was a Pro Bowl player last year and a great competitor. Just not having him out here yesterday and today has made a difference in our football team, but we'll be happy when he gets back and we don't anticipate that being very far away."

Another wide receiver, Bryant Johnson, had a boot removed that he wore for more than a month to protect the stress fracture in his right foot. Last year's first-round draft pick, Johnson planned to return soon.
"As big a competitor as Anquan is, it's frustrating to him," quarterback Josh McCown said. "But he's ready to figure out what he needs to do to get back right and get going, so we'll be fine."

Boldin missed his junior year at Florida State because of reconstructive surgery on a tendon in his left knee.

This time, his knee was sore Monday and he sat out the always intense morning practice. On Tuesday, he was warming up for practice when his knee locked up. Boldin, whose 101 catches last year set an NFL rookie record, was carted from the field.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Good news for fantasy fans...

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
on further review this morning on SportsCenter, it had stated that Bolding couldl miss up to 8 weeks.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I just heard that a minute ago...

not so good news for fantasy fans.

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i was actually thinking about draftign this guy if i had the chance

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'd reccomend waiting until a lower round

Ben

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
he might be on waivers, cause of his injury and all

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Grrr.... Had my draft the 9th and he was one of my recievers
I tried to tell the rest of the league it was too early for a fantasy draft! Oh well, it's not a killer at least. Too bad for him though, hope he recovers fully soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Don't worry, you'll get him back before the end of the season.

Ben

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
yea you will get him before the season is over, but its not going to be fun for the first 8 weeks or so that he is gone.

top topics

join