It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Guess who's back!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
fun and gun just wasnt there thing they didnt have a good enough QB or WRs expect for coles he is good

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Originally posted by C-Diesel
He has hired Darrell Green as his D-back Coach. Anotehr legend. The old gang is back!:bounce:

So how do you think gibbs will do?

I am a Fan of the skins from the UK,my knowledge of them is not that great and i assume Gibbs has kept intouch with the NFL.

I'm not expecting miracles and i know how well he did before but how do you think it will go?

Gibbs is the man. He's a legend in this town. I was almost close to tears when I read the sports page on his return. That's how emotional DC feels about Gibbs. Gibbs is almost a religon in this town.

I think it will go AWESOME. The rest of the league now will know why they are afraid of the dark.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

He has hired Darrell Green as his D-back Coach. Anotehr legend. The old gang is back!:bounce:

So how do you think gibbs will do?

I am a Fan of the skins from the UK,my knowledge of them is not that great and i assume Gibbs has kept intouch with the NFL.

I'm not expecting miracles and i know how well he did before but how do you think it will go?

Gibbs is the man. He's a legend in this town. I was almost close to tears when I read the sports page on his return. That's how emotional DC feels about Gibbs. Gibbs is almost a religon in this town.

I think it will go AWESOME. The rest of the league now will know why they are afraid of the dark.

Well thats the sort of answer i was looking for,thanks..

I am really looking forward to see what happens and the players they might get.

C-Diesel is there anyone Gibbs might go after?

Well look out the rest as the Skins will be beating down on you next season..

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, he is getting his old guys back and lookign for some new ones. he's got a lot of talent on the team. I think he just needs a good strong running back and some tight ends and he'll be set...ok, maybe a better offensive line.In fact, I think that's what he'll be looking for. He had a talk with Patrick Ramsey the other day and he told him that he STRESSES pass protection.

To the relief of Patrick.

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well thats all good,who do you think would be a good choice for running back?

I'm counting on you to keep me updated on whats happening with the skins,thats if you are going to stick around!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't know who they'll choose. At this point, we've discovered what the REAL problem is with the redskins. Lack of discipline. People not showing up for priactice or being late. People bring in cell phones into team meetings.

Gibbs tried to call the players to get them in for a team meeting once he became coach.

All he got was disconnected lines, wrong numbers, etc. Try that with your workplace.

Gibbs has a lot of cleaning up to do.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Gibbs will get them into tip top form, and he has hired some guys who will bust the chops of the Redskins. Look for no more cell phones in meetings. Gibbs will be harder on them than Bill was for the cowboys.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

...ok, maybe a better offensive line.In fact, I think that's what he'll be looking for. He had a talk with Patrick Ramsey the other day and he told him that he STRESSES pass protection.

So, you're saying we might see the second coming of the HOGS???

I never liked the Skins, but those Hogs were mean. Russ Grimm, Joe Jacoby, Jeff Bostic, Mark May, Fred Dean, I know I'm forgetting a few. I remember growing up watching the Hogs and John Riggins just flatten teams.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I beleive so. Like I said, he is all discipline and believes in pass protection. It was so shameful the way our line let Ramsey get pummeled like he did. He was unofficially the most punished quarterback in the NFL. Well, all that's gonna stop.

They're already makinbg up poems and songs and biblical parables to Gibbs in the papers.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
With Gibss they should be able to find there runnning game that was lost last season. I am still wondering why the f--- did they give away Davis, look at the success he is having in Carolina.

They NEED to build that o-line, wether it is to make some trades, or some a big name in the off-season, YOUR TEAM IS ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE LINE.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, I just read that he's trying toget the right coaching staff right now. He's having a difficult time assembling the crew he wants but, he's getting there. I think he's got maybe 11 people now.

His idea is to create the right coaching staff. Then, look to the players.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Gibbs surely has his work cut out for him, but it's just a matter of time before he puts his stamp on this team and returns their winning tradition.

It should be interesting to watch the rebuilding of 2 teams in the same division by two of the best in the game, Gibbs and Parcells.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Its a young team and spurrier let them walk over him, its going to be hard for him to get to have his time back on a disicplen level that gibbs will be happy with. But gibbs will bea ble to do that.

Seems like he has the right stragey going for him. He has some great additions to his coaching staff already and they will be a lot better next season cause of it.

Are they going to sign any key players in the offsenon?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, from what I understand, ther eis a Senior Bowl coming up where the seniors in college play and the NFL coaches look at the talent. Well, i beleive its there that Gibbs will be doing some horse trading for some great and talented coaches.

Ben

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
who you think they will go after in the draft? Its a talent loaded draft this season.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have no clue. No word on that yet. They just about have their coaching staff done fro what I read, tho. Darrel Green will be like a part time coach for the D-backs.

Ben

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
what do you think they have the most need for?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I understand the excitement and that but take a step back and whoah up there.

Gibbs has been out for a long time,he is old,his ideas are dated,redskins havn't exactly been great over the last few years so who is really going to want to join them.They got Gibbs out of hibernation but he has to try and perform miracles to get them in the play-oofs next season.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i would like to think they would go for some DL, WR to help Coles out, and some RB's that will bang the ball up the middle.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i will look for Gibbs to take Kevin Winlsow out of Maiami as a TE, Gibbs always liked those big pyshical TE's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join