It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: World Cup of Hockey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Keith Tkachuk lead the US to a 5-3 victory over the Russians. It was a really good game. Tkachuk scored 4 goals, the last being an empty netter. The US is looking better all the time. They kind of remind me of the Canadian Salt Lake City Olympic team. All veterans who are starting to come together at the right time.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Also today, Sweden was thoroughly spanked by the Czech Republic 6-1 in Sweden. Ouch. This means the Czech's will play the winner of the Canada Slovakia game, and the US will play Finland in the quarter finals.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlsberg
Keith Tkachuk lead the US to a 5-3 victory over the Russians. It was a really good game. Tkachuk scored 4 goals, the last being an empty netter. The US is looking better all the time. They kind of remind me of the Canadian Salt Lake City Olympic team. All veterans who are starting to come together at the right time.

That was an awesome game. The US came out and actually out skated the Russians in the first period. USA was leading 2-1 going into the third, but Russia tied it up 36 seconds in. Later the US tallied twice in under a minute. Russia came back with a powerplay goal, but an empty netter by Tkachuk capped it for the US.

** Sorry, no pictures this time. Needed to focus on cheering on the USA squad.

[Edited on 9/7/2004 by crayon]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Congradulations Crayon. I was a bit of a doubter, but that was a heck of a game your boys played.

top topics

join