It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: US Hockey set for World Cup

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Detroit defenseman Chris Chelios and Dallas forward Mike Modano are among 13 players back to defend Team USA's championship in the World Cup of Hockey.The 26-player roster for this year's veteran-laden squad was announced Thursday by USA Hockey at a news conference at Xcel Energy Center. The team is coached by San Jose's Ron Wilson, who led the Americans to victory at the last World Cup in 1996.

"I think it's a great opportunity, an honor and thrill to be named to the team," Modano said. "There are a lot of players on this roster that are familiar with each other. That will make it easier to play together."

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Bring it on, baby. We've been waiting for this one. Detroit may be Hockeytown but Canada is Hockeynation.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
Bring it on, baby. We've been waiting for this one. Detroit may be Hockeytown but Canada is Hockeynation.

Agreed, the Canadien team is always strong, I was a little curious about some of Gretzky's choices. Not being biased, but I definitely think Keith Primeau should have made it. The United States team looks strong as well and we should definitely contend, hopefully it'll be US vs Canada in the finals again like at the Olympics. Of course you guys have bragging rights right now after that victory. It's always good hockey and should be fun to watch. Nice to see another hockey fan here.

I'm just hoping to get another two weeks watching the Flyers, huge game 7 tomorrow night, I think this team can win the Cup.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Can anyone beat Calgary? I've never seen a hungrier team. I mean they knocked off all three Div. champs to get where they are.

As for Keith P., it's a freakin shame. Gretzky should be shot.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by truenorth]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I agree it's a traveshamockery, but I thought you guys worshipped Gretzky up in the great white north.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

I agree it's a traveshamockery, but I thought you guys worshipped Gretzky up in the great white north.

Nah, he's probably bigger in the States. Gordie Howe is Mr. Hockey. Then there's Bobby Orr. And love him or hate him, there's also Don Cherry.

top topics

join