It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Wild vs. Ducks - West Conf Finals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What do you think of this series? I couldnt be happier with the outcome of the Western conference finals, two hard working, tough underdogs who were given no chance to make it this far. I think Giguere might again be the difference in this series, he has been absolutely unbelievable. Minnesota has two good goalies, lately they have went back to Roloson. This should be a great series, I think Anaheim will go up 3 games to 1 and then the Wild........well, you know the rest.

Ben

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Woah, I am very happy to see this series, but then again I am not happy because now there has to be a winner between these two teams. Like you said PA if the Ducks go up 3 to 1, the Wild just might be able to pull off another comeback they seems to play better with their backs agaisnt the wall. Giguere will play solid and I wonder who will get the nod in net for the Wild. Another Fun series to watch. The Wild should win this series. Who knows though.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hard to believe another overtime game, yeah right. I'm not surprised at all that they are going into overtime with the score tied 0-0. Fernandez got the call in net, as Roloson has an injury and they said he'll be back next game. If Minnesota and Fernandez win this game 1-0, can you pull Fernandez? Tough call, I'd leave him there, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

I'm looking forward to the overtime, you would think Minnesota will fatigue first after that grueling 7 game series against Vancouver. This could be one of those multiple OT's the way these goalies are playing.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Petr Sykora just beat Fernandez in the 2nd OT to beat the Wild 1-0 in Minnesota. It was a great game, many great saves by both goalies.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
was a great game by both teams - i'm rooting for the ducks to win this series....what could be better than disney in the playoffs? they're even more of the underdog than the wild, and i'm rooting for them....

check out the instigator - i found this one funny:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Who would have the Ducks and Wild would go into over time.

Missed the 1st game,but I will have my butt planted in my chair for todays game.:tum:

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersfreak224
check out the instigator - i found this one funny:

I looked at some of the archives on that site, some of them were really funny. Here's one from the instigator, Walt Disney buried under the "pond".

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The Ducks won again tonight 2-0 over the Wild to go up 2-0 in the series. Just as I expected, it will go to 3-1 Ducks and then we'll see if the Wild can come back one more time.

Then again, the Wild might not win any games if Giguere doesnt stop standing on his head. He was unbelievable tonight, the Wild had some good opportunities but Giguere was there for every one. He's really getting "Giggy" with it. LOL. :tum:

Ben

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Maybe the Wild are looking for a little more of a challange and they will go down 3 game to 0. But then again who konws. Gigurere is amazing right now. He can be the second player in NHL history to start off a series with 3 shoutouts. That should be interesting to see if he gets there.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Ducks look just unstoppable, who would have guessed they'd make it to the Western conference finals, much less be up 3 games to none with 3 shutouts. It would be something for Giguere to shut out the Wild tonight, to shut out an entire team for an entire series, thats unheard of. What a cinderella story the Ducks are.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'am blown away by the Ducks.I really thought this would be a close series.ONe team would win,then the other team.It does not like we will get a game seven.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I dont see the Wild making a comeback this time either, heck first they just need to score a goal.

Nyeff, are you close to Anaheim? I imagine there is quite a buzz out there about the Ducks, they have good reason to be excited.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No I live about 8 hours away.San Jose to be exact.Most people around here are a little pissed that the Ducks have this far.
The only reason I rooted for the Ducks when I did,is because I can't stand Dallas or Detroit.
As a rule,northern CA hates southern CA and vice versa.And I'm northen CA.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff

Same goes here in Jersey, North and South Jersey should be two different states. People assume when I tell them I'm from New Jersey that I like the NJ Devils and Nets, but South Jersey hates them, we are all Philly fans, I'm only 10 minutes from Philly.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff

Can't argue with that, living in close proximity to LA and Anaheim the mood here is generally like that. I do somewhat like the Giants however, especially strange given that I'm a Dodgers fan

There is a bit of a buzz here about the Ducks, one huge reason being the somewhat early playoff exit by the Lakers. I'm just a passive fan however, only been to a couple games.

back to the game at hand, looks like Giguere lost his shutout streak just 3 minutes into the game
. Luckily the Ducks answered back with a goal.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Alright a southern CA person.Now we can have some fun..Now if I can find a way to get an earthquake to get LA to fall into the ocean.j/k

new topics

top topics

join