It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Screwed Up Browser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Dear All,

Some #@$% sent me an e-mail virus, which a pricey computer genius is now getting rid of for me. For the time being, however, I am unable to open a screen within a screen on the Net.

Thus, whichever one(s) of you sent me the two messages in my u2u box, I regret to say I cannot open and read them for now, much less reply to them.

I also cannot--yet--do anything to have the authorities, or myself, mete out the appropriate justice to the sociopath responsible for this.

I've often thought there must be a special place in Hell reserved for certain categories of clients I get appointed to represent occasionally (e.g., sexual predators, people who kill the totally defenseless, etc.). I hope--as, I'm sure, do those of you who've been through this same sort of nightmare--that there's a special extra-warm spot for virus senders, too.

Grrrr.

BHN

[Edited on 5/24/06 by BaseballHistoryNut]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Although some virus senders are innocent enough, and don't know that they themselves are infected (I was at this stage once), It is the virus creators who deserve thier own ring of fire...

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
ok, ok. I'm a lawyer, so you get to zap me for my poor choice of words.

But you're right. I shudder to think whose life/lives I may have made hell with this thing. I'm glad I haven't e-mailed any of y'all in the last week or two.
THAT would sure make me popular here, wouldn't it?

So, as I of course intended to say all along, I'd like to see appropriate justice--in one manner or another--meted out to the sociopath who CREATED this virus.

Sorry to hear that you, too, went through this one before, Gibbs. Sure sucks, doesn't it? And I'm still able to log on. Could be a lot worse. Sure hope I don't get there.

BHN

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You need to get a Mac. No one writes viruses for Mac. I have a Mac and I don't need any virus protection at all.

aj7

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
gutted for you

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdstheBest
You need to get a Mac. No one writes viruses for Mac. I have a Mac and I don't need any virus protection at all.

This is no longer true, i was reading in a computer magazine that Mac viruses are on the rise due to the popularity of the machine since nobody writes viruses for them. better be safe and get some virus protection just in case.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
yeah, true Aegis.

They used to say Linux based software was safe from viruses, but these days its just about on par with microsoft.

To be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if Microsoft write a large percantage of the viruses that come out. They will do anything for a dollar!

[Edited on 5/25/2006 by rynaldo82]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
To be honest, i wouldnt be suprised if Microsoft write a large percantage of the viruses that come out. They will do anything for a dollar!

I wouldn't be surprised. Either them, or the big anti-virus suppliers (Symantec, etc.) They are the ones who profit from the decimation caused by viruses...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I dunno, sounds like you guys might have stumbled across a >GASP< conspiracy!!!

You know what they always say..."follow the money". Maybe a post is in order for the other site?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I dunno, sounds like you guys might have stumbled across a >GASP< conspiracy!!!

You know what they always say..."follow the money". Maybe a post is in order for the other site?

LOL - Git 'er Done!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Maybe you haven't been paying attention over there. My job isn't to start threads, it's to sidetrack them.

top topics

join