It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Re-Locate Tampa Bay !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ok, enough is enough with these lousy fans in Tampa Bay. Yes, their stadium sucks, but a lot of franchises have had to suffer with bad stadiums for a few years during the early times of their franchises. Tampa Bay must re-locate. Hell, I'd rather have them in Montreal where at least their season average was higher. At least the 8,000 that would fo to Expos game were vocal and extremely knowledgable. I think Montreal fans had several reasons to stop supporting that franchise, what reasons do Rays fans have? Zero. Time to ship them out of Tampa Bay. I suggest Buffalo, Vancouver, Portland, Orlando or maybe even Grand Rapids, MI. Anywhere but Tampa Bay.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is kind of funny, our northern league team sells out every game at 4,000 seats a game. if they added another couple seats we could average 8,000 every night. maybe the Rays should be sent to Sioux Falls, SD. it wouldn't be a problem selling out if real baseball players were here. Or what about the idea of making them a traveling team with no real home, they could have a new home city every month, and when they find one that really wants them there, they could just stay.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I completley agree. Tampa Bay does not deserve this franchise. However I don't see them moving this team in the near future. Perhaps after in ten years from now they could move to Montreal. Contrary to what most people think, Montreal has a large fan base for baseball, as long as you don't mess with their dignity too many times. Baseball has been apart of that city since Jackie Robinson brought in sellout crowds to everygame when he played for the Montreal Royals. It is a very big city (greater area just over 3.2 million) and with a clean slate and a new downtown park, baseball could definitley work in Montreal again, like it did for so many years. The key thing is time my past to first heal the pains of losing a pro team, and then re-ignite interest (which shouldn't be too hard). Will Tampa still be in this terrible situation in ten years is the big question. Who knows.

join