It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Selig wants 50 game ban!?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I know roid taking in baseball has been rife, well according to alot of people it is, but 50 games is alot. They might aswell ban them for the whole season. Players are paid huge salaries and it could hurt teams bad if they lose a player for 50 games, through no fault of their own. Maybe the player shouldn't be paid by the team if they are caught taking substances.

Baseball players would accept a stiffer penalty for first-time steroid offenders - 20 games instead of 10 days - and agree to amphetamine tests, but the union's offer Monday still fell short of what commissioner Bud Selig wanted.

Foxsports.com

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
whatever the penalty is the players deserve..they know the rules

TRD

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes the player will deserve the penalty but not the team, as they will be losing a player and still paying his wages.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes, an example how a player can hurt his team...unfortunately there is nothing the team can do at that point.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't know if I would go as high as 50 games. I think something like 20 games with no pay should be good enough.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would go 50, but only if the tests are dead on balls accurate. If they aren't accurate then the team and the player could be suffering a loss for something that might not have even been illeagle.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It' s a great idea to have the rule match the game's rules (3 strikes and out)

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaingangsoldier247
It' s a great idea to have the rule match the game's rules (3 strikes and out)

I agree and I have recieved word about WWE implementing a drug policy similar

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
if the WWE instituted a serious drug policy who would be left?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
From what a certain ex-MLB pitcher (very short-time MLB pitcher) now pitching in Japan told my while we were playing Internet poker, the same question might be asked about what would happen if MLB ever initiated a serious steroid & HGH ban. He told me, "You wouldn't believe how prevalent it is and you wouldn't believe how long it's gone on. Or at least you wouldn't want to."

He's right.

B.H.N.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
if the WWE instituted a serious drug policy who would be left?

The X games:yawn:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's a done deal now -

-- Major league baseball players made it official, unanimously approving a new steroid agreement that toughens penalties and could result in a lifetime ban for a third offense.

source

cbs.sportsline.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Looks like the won't be getting paid:

Under the agreement, players will be suspended 50 games without pay for a first offense and 100 for a second offense. A third positive test would result in a lifetime ban.

Is a player going to be dropped from Hall of Fame ballots if they get caught using PEDs? Should a player that gets caught once still be eligible? Twice? What about that 3rd time?

PED: Performance Enhancing Drug

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
i don't think that they have announced any policy on this yet but i think that the voters would certainly take a positive test into consideration when making their selections, i know if i had a vote i would take a VERY dim view of a player who had been cought using.....

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It seems that the third violation would enact a lifetime ban, ala Pete Rose. Therefore, no HOF.

new topics

top topics

join