It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: NYY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnosSlaughter
lol like that one

damn that was 500th i shouldve celebrated

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The yankees always pull it off, they always find a way

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
because they are veteran senior members like me

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i think the nats beat the padres

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I hope they did, I want the Giants to gain agame and make it interesting. I also want the Nats to go to the playoffs

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
the nats have lost 2 heartbreakers in a row

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
lol, under all our names it says banned...i still think the nats have a chance, dont give up on them, i remember in 2003 the marlins clinched the wild card in like the last week or w/e

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
theyre now 4 1/2 games out even though that isnt insurmountable, they had huge opputunities to sweep the padres....now they must sweep the giants to have any hopes at all...but the other contenders are just too strong

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
their elimination number is 5, so if they dont lose 5 games they arent out of the division, and its 9 for the wild card

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
there are very high chances that atleast one of the marlins, phillies, and astros will go on a crazy streak during the last 2 weeks

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
true, but their are also chances of the nats doing it, especially with their 4-man rotation

TRD

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I don't know about you lot, but i hope the Yankees don't make the playoffs or even get a WC.

We have a soccer team in the UK called Chelsea who are like the Yankees. They have so much money that its burning a whole in their pocket. They have spent over £200 million on players in the last two years and thats without the players contracts. But they did what the Yankees have failed to do with all their money and getting hold of alot of the better players, win a title. You can always buy a title if you have enough money but the Yankees can't seem to do it in recent years.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I don't know about you lot, but i hope the Yankees don't make the playoffs or even get a WC.

We have a soccer team in the UK called Chelsea who are like the Yankees. They have so much money that its burning a whole in their pocket. They have spent over £200 million on players in the last two years and thats without the players contracts. But they did what the Yankees have failed to do with all their money and getting hold of alot of the better players, win a title. You can always buy a title if you have enough money but the Yankees can't seem to do it in recent years.

Is the reason you don't want them to make it because they have/spend a lot of money?

TRD

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not really.

Its just the way that one team thinks they can monopolise the market and expect to win everything. It's great to see when they don't.. Other teams are nurturing these homegrown talents and putting all the effort into them when they are young only for teams like the Yankees to step in and snatch them away after all the hard work has been done, just because they have the money to out muscle most of the other teams..

Here take a look at this thread, there is plenty more like it, not so many people like the Yankees on here..

Yankees thread.. click here..

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Not really.

Its just the way that one team thinks they can monopolise the market and expect to win everything. It's great to see when they don't.. Other teams are nurturing these homegrown talents and putting all the effort into them when they are young only for teams like the Yankees to step in and snatch them away after all the hard work has been done, just because they have the money to out muscle most of the other teams..

Here take a look at this thread, there is plenty more like it, not so many people like the Yankees on here..

Yankees thread.. click here..

yea, i too like to see enjoy seeing big-market teams lose, and small time teams such as the Twins or A's make the playoffs

TRD

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I know the Yankees havn't done it, but if they did and say won the world series for the next 10 years because of the money they have and the players they could buy. Would you get bored with baseball?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Of course, baseball is great because any team can beat any other team on any given day, which makes 7 game series much more exciting than say 1 championship game, its unpredictable. I would be angry at the yankees for buying the market, and i would have to go give them a piece ofg my mind

TRD

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeah, thats what i like about baseball, if a player is having a hot streak or most of the team is on fire then anyone can get beat. I guess its all about sticking by your team no matter how good or bad they are doing, as they will need the support more than a team would like the Yankees.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yea, look at the braves, they got off to a bit of a rough start, and then when Jones clicked, the braves clicked, speaking of Jones he's having an amazing year.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join