It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: MVP and CY Young

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Just to try it out, I did a PODcast on my MVP and Cy Young predictons. I did this at 1 in the morning, so I was having trouble thinking straight. Future casts will be smoother... just wanted to see how it would all sound. Stop by and check it out! (btw, made a little mistake by saying Dontrele was a 4th year, when I meant 3rd)

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com... d0

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
So who do you guys think, by the way the season has been going, is going to win these awards?

NL award- I strongly believe Andruw Jones is a strong candidate for this. he's never been known for his power, but is leading the league in homers with 25. He's also carrying the Braves on his shoulders right now with all the people on the DL for the Braves. If the Braves can win their division, with Andruw being the top performer, I believe he can win the MVP

NL Cy Young- Dontrelle Willis. Need I say more? He has 4 CG and is 12-3 with a 2.04 ERA. He's dominating the opposition. He's on pace for 25+ wins, which is amazing for a 3rd year

AL MVP- I don't follow the AL very much, but I believe either Roberts or Tejeda from the Orioles will recieve this honor. Both are playing Phenomenal, with Tejeda having a usual high-stat season, and Robert having a career year. I believe Tejeda would get the award over Roberts though

AL CY Young- I have to say either Garland or Buehrle from the White Sox. both are doing amazing jobs and are the reqason that the White Sox have the best record in the majors

[Edited on 08/15/04 by GiantsFan]

amazing how things have cjanged since the break

nl-pujols or jones
al0arod nuff sed
cyal-colon probably
cynl-carpenter all-around better then clemens

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It is... seems the NL ones are the only close ones still. On MySpace when I brought up the idea of Jones being MVP, I got shredded to pieces. Now those same people are saying what I was in July.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We know that the NL Cy Young will be either Carpenter, Willis or Clemens. But does anyone else think Patterson should be thrown in the list. He has had a terrific season. I don't think he should win it but definitly top 5.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

We know that the NL Cy Young will be either Carpenter, Willis or Clemens. But does anyone else think Patterson should be thrown in the list. He has had a terrific season. I don't think he should win it but definitly top 5.

him and pettite

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i think so he has carried the team

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yea he did, the Nationals would be no where without him.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
the team has had 2 many injuries

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
No kidding, and it didn't help that they lost Nick Johnson for a while. That set them back in the loss columb.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Can you imagine if the Yankees still had Nick Johnson? They should've never let him go.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Siggs the Nats havent had Vidro either...imagine if he was heathy all year...Wilkerson and Johnson have been playing through pain the last 2 months

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
AL MVP - Arod
AL Cy Young - Garland
NL MVP - Derek Lee
NL Cy Young - Roger Clemens i want to say, but 12-7 is not worthy regardless of what his e.r.a. is. Carpenter plays on the best team in the league so 21 wins for him and Willis; You gota give the edge to willis

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i thnik colon or millwood will win al cy, idk if lee will win i think its between jones and pujols, carpenter will win, playing for the best team doesnt matter cy's go to the best pitcher, not most valuable

top topics

<< 1   >>

join