It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: canseco owes thousands in back taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Report: Former slugger Canseco owes thousands in back taxes

February 19, 2005
BOSTON (AP) -- Jose Canseco may need to use his book advance to pay back taxes.

The former major league slugger owes $32,783 to the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, The Sun of Lowell reported Saturday, saying his name appears on the DOR's ``cybershame'' online database of people and businesses that underreported or failed to report income.

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'BpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-canseco-taxes&prov=ap&type=lgns

could this be why jose has written his tell all book??? it is one of the few ways that he could turn some quick cash to get the irs off his back and it sure would beat working for a living

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
that's nothing my friends father owes over 300,000 in back taxes on unreported earnings that the IRS found out about. I don't think this is the reason that Conseco wrote his book, he jumped on the steroid band wagon and wrote this book to get back at a league of coruption that wouldn't allow him to play anymore (even though he had no business playing anymore). He did it for the money yes, but so would have I, if i had a story to tell that would sell.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
sounds like Pete Rose's tax issues w/ the IRS.

join