It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Should the fans vote?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The Major League Baseball All-Star Game which was held at Seattle's newish Safeco Field on July 10. The fans are the ones who voted for the starting teams.

Most people think that the All-Star Game has been more interesting to the average fan ever since the average fan got to have a voice in who starts the game. The NBA and NHL also rely on fan voting for their starting lineups. On the other hand, NFL All-Pros are selected by sports reporters.

But is it such a great idea for fans to pick the players? Or does this process ignore the true "all stars"?

Should all-star voting be left up to the pros? Or should the average fan do the picking?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Fans pay to see such a sport. The game has and always been tailored to the fans perspective. Check out the attendance at an NBA all star game without the likes of Carter, Iverson, Bryant, Nash, etc. Business won't spend the big bucks to promote their products if no one shows up.

Or how about the soccer games that end 0 - 0 with no emotional drive from the players to perform. Fans are the best judge of a players performance.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yeah, even though some players always make it that shouldn't, it should be the fans voice that counts most.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I think fans should get to pick but hey sometimes they go pick some player that has had a real bad season. Now i think thats wrong. Maybe they could have say the top twenty in the positions to chose from then that would make it fair.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I thnk that the fans should get about 50% of the vote, with the other 50% coming from other players, coaches, and writers, combined.

new topics

top topics

join