It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: MLB Rumours 27/04/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yankees may target Big Unit

Will the Yankees make a trade to shake up their struggling team? Although they could try to deal Jason Giambi or Bernie Williams, Newsday's Ken Davidoff reports that the Yankees are unlikely to find any takers for the pair. Look for the Yankees to pursue Randy Johnson instead.

Clement hoping to re-sign with Cubs

Matt Clement is interested in signing a new deal with the Cubs. Clement told the Chicago Sun-Times's Mike Kiley that he and his agent "are open to listening and talking about" a contract extension.

Orioles unlikely to deal Hairston Roberts

The Baltimore Sun's Joe Christensen reports that the Orioles may keep both Jerry Hairston and Brian Roberts on their roster rather than trade one of the second basemen. Executive vice president Jim Beattie says that the Orioles may use one of the pair as a DH.

Pirates ready to deal Benson

The Yankees may try to acquire Pirates starter Kris Benson. The Pittsburgh Tribune Review's Joe Rutter reports that the Pirates "would love to unload" Benson.

White Sox GM will trade malcontents

The Chicago Tribune's Fred Mitchell reports that White Sox GM Ken Williams is willing to trade any players who aren't happy campers. Williams says that he will help any malcontents "find... another home".

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let the Yanks go for Johnson. He can't help them, especially if they give up Giambi or Williams.

TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I can't see them wanting to trade Randy for Williams...Maybe they might trade him for Giambi but do they really need another pitcher? It's the batting letting them down at the moment they are not scoring big.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They can't give up one of thier big guns for another picther.

I jus tfeel so bad for them

TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yea my heart bleeds lol!

Also if the cubs are smart they will give clement a new extension.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
the yankees problem isn't the pitching, they do fine. as i type this response Jeter is something like 0 for his last 27 at bats. they need to find a way to score some runs and Randy Johnson isn't the answer. the yankees should just confiscate the best player on every team and finish pissing fans of every team off (the ones that they haven't yet) by taking the good ones and going nowhere with them.

top topics

join