It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: July 31 - MLB Trade Deadline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Today is the MLB trade deadline at 4pm EST. There have already been a few big deals in the past couple days, but as always on the day of the deadline there are all kinds of wheeling and dealing so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

CLICK HERE FOR TRADES AND ANALYSIS

Stay tuned and watch this thread for late breaking, blockbuster deals!

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Cincinatti Reds are really cleaning house. The other day they fired their GM Bowden and their manager Bob Boone. Boone's son Aaron plays 3b for the Reds and after his father's firing has demanded a trade.

They traded their closer Scott Williamson away for minor leaguers.

They traded away Jose Guillen for minor leaguers too and he was hitting 3rd in the National league at .337, with 23 homeruns and 63 RBI's, very impressive numbers and he was taking the place of injured Ken Griffey Jr. who is out for the season. Why in the world would they trade him away?

A BOONE WANTS OUT

The Reds fans must be a bit ticked off, I know I would be. It seems like it's all about money, whatever happened to "all about winning?"

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
so i was looking at the trades, and is it just me or did Pittsburgh just have a fire sale? i mean do they have anyone left in their lineup that was there at the start of the season?

nice pickup by the yankees getting aaron boone.

new topics

join