It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Things: An Orthodox Christian Perspective on the End Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thought I would share A book I have had now for quite awhile....the opinion below is not myn but someone who has read it and is available at thelink below.....

www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_dp_2_1/002-1066578-7770406?v=glance&s=books&vi=customer-reviews

The Antichrist, the Apocalypse, and the End of Time, October 25, 2003
Reviewer: Derek Pillion (see more about me) from Camp Hill, PA
_Ultimate Things: An Orthodox Perspective on the End Times_ by Dennis Engleman is an outline of the rise of the Antichrist and the coming Apocalypse.
This book is not what I would consider the most academic treatment of the topic, but it provides a rough outline and for the most part cites contemporary sources.
It does have some references to "apocryphal" texts such as the Gospel of Nicodemus and the Apocalypse of Elijah. _Ultimate Things_ is written as a response to the pre-tribulation rapture propaganda so widespread in the Christian churches in America today.
The question is what did the ancient Fathers of the Church understand and teach of the coming of the Antichrist?
How does it differ from modern day interpretations?
A key discrepancy is of the idea of suffering for Christ in the Church. The "rapture" will supposedly whisk away all true Christian believers and leave the world's unbelievers to suffer God's wrath with the rule of the Antichrist for three and a half years.
This is contrasted to the traditional Orthodox teaching where the Church is severely persecuted under the Antichrist and Christ returns at the end of time and Judgement Day commences.

helen......

join