It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Should they Re-instate Pete Rose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What do you all think? should they re-instate Rose?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think he should be only if he admits wrongdoing. But thats just me.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I see your view but why make him admit to it when we already know what he did... just cause he dones't have the kahonas to fess up to it shouldn't keep him out of Baseball.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I voted yes, Pete was one of the greatest hitters of all time. He played every night like it was Game 7 of the World Series, they didn't call him "Charlie Hustle" for nothing. I dont think what he did was right, but apparently he never bet on his own team. They have given other players many chances, look at D Gooden, D Strawberry, and S Howe was suspended 7 times for drugs! I think if OJ Simpson is still in his Hall, then Pete definitely deserves to be in Cooperstown.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I dont know I think that he should be a man and admit to it and apologize. I guess its just to much to ask of him to accept responsibility for his own actions. He should admit it, apologize for it, and move on.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
they should only reinstate him if he DOES NOT admit his mistake. That would just be saying im guitly so free me

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There is alot of talk about Rose being reinstated to baseball in November after the season. This would allow him to return as a manager or work in the front office in MLB and hopefully would be on the Hall of Fame ballot for next year.

I really hope he is reinstated, he served his time, no one can deny what he did for the game, just look at his numbers.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
He has done his time i think its about time he came back,thats just my opinipn but his stats speak for themselves..

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i still dont understand the arguement for not letting him in. It flat out makes no sense to me. I thought that the hall of fame was based on your skill and career stats. please let him in jeeze

Ben

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i think they should let him in, hes a great player and the average stats for the players in the hall of fame are far less tahn roses numbers

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They need to let him in, but never let him participate in major league baseball again. They should also put down a nice large * under his plaque that says "BET ON BASEBALL"

Those would be the only conditions I think he should have to have to get in.

Ben

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
he was a good ball player, but the hall of fame is for people who are dedicated to baseball, and who do things for the good of the game and not bad such as betting on baseball

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Anyone catch the interview with Pete tonight on ABC?
I just watched it.

Ben

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i didnt could you tell me what happened

Ben

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Pete Roses book debues at number 1 on the new york time best sellers list

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
newb here, a lifetime ban should be exactly that, he should be man enough to understand the seriousness of his actions and accept his fate and his place in baseball history, he made his own bed, let him sleep in it, no hall of fame, no manager job

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
perfectaly said in my mind. He has done something that is completely wrong and shold be punished for his actions. With him writing his book is just showing that he did do it and nobody should go easy on him, no MATTER WHAT

top topics

join