It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DVD drive and WinDvd and Zoom player

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have another computer thats only a 366mhz, 64mb, 4mb AGP video (2x)... And that surfs the web easily, views video, flash, etc. Not got a DVD drive so can't test that. Lags a bit though.

My laptop is a 1gz PIII, 256mb ram, 16mb video, and that lags on DVD, lol. Must be something wrong with the video adapter. It's a Toshiba Satellite 1800, and lots of people have had probs with it... Lol.

Lol yea... ATS/BTS is better than watching any DVD or playing any game anyway

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
www.tv-cards.com...

looks like i can use a tv tuner card; they have composite IN

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
if only i could update this laptops video card :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
:Big Ass Grin: they have USB tv tuner cards... now i don't know how well they work but I'm just using mine to convert the signal to something my computer can read. You might want to look into that. They have USB2 tv tuner "cards". My friend tells me that tv cards don't work worth # on win2k, though.

EDIT- check this # out:
www.cdromshop.com...
www.spyhiddencamera.com...
problem is that it looks like its $66 dollars. Kinda funny cause TV USB cards are about that and maybe even less; So i would think you could find a Comopsite->VGA for cheaper. I'mg oing to look around. Watch this space....

www.svideo.com...
for $81. This is kinda silly; it costs MORE to get a simple little adapter to interface from composite to VGA than it does to buy an entire TV set to hook my DVD up to. Somethign is wrong here.

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Found exactly what I need. This is amazing. cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
TV Tuner cards don't work well on Windows 2000 Professional? Hmm... Must be the driver problems. Not a lot of device making companies provided drivers for Windows 2000 Pro. They do now though, if you found a 'working' driver for it that is made for Windows XP. You could use that. As about 85% of drivers that are made for Win2000 work on XP, and vice versa (Same OS underneath - NT)

Sounds like you have found a lot of products that could help you, proves how little I know about this stuff, lol.

I hope things work out for you.
If you purchase that device from ebay, tell us how it went. I have never bought stuff off ebay before.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I'm trying to finally have some fun by watching a DVD. I stick in a DVD. I run Zoom Player 3.20. It says Media Mode. With a DVD in the drive, I click on the screen and it says no media is loaded.

I have WinDVD 3.1. I have an ugly Comaq Presario, with a Compaq DVD GD-2000 drive. I have sound on the motherboard (which WinDVD warns me about; playback may be slow in software DVD mode). My WinDVD playback freezes every 4 seconds and then resumes.
What may be the problem here?

compaq presario 1500 here.....maybe i can help, but i think you need to go a little more informative

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead
I have another computer thats only a 366mhz, 64mb, 4mb AGP video (2x)... And that surfs the web easily, views video, flash, etc. Not got a DVD drive so can't test that. Lags a bit though.

My laptop is a 1gz PIII, 256mb ram, 16mb video, and that lags on DVD, lol. Must be something wrong with the video adapter. It's a Toshiba Satellite 1800, and lots of people have had probs with it... Lol.

Lol yea... ATS/BTS is better than watching any DVD or playing any game anyway

p4 right now, 2.2ghz, 512 ram, 32mb vga, 512 l2 cache, 2 usb ports, JBL speakers, 15.1 inch screen xvga...
dvd/cd/cdrw, floppy, modem/ethernet built into motherboard.

as for my server

2ghz, 1ghz each processor, 1024 cache, 1024mb ram, 128mb vga, custom-built air coolant system, tv card(never use TV), linked to a u.p.s system 24hr safe-switch, 120gb and 40gb IDE futjitsu, 63gb scsi drive, and a 10/100/1000mb ethernet card, 54mbps 802.11g/b/a accesspoint, distributing 56k internet connection to laptop via 802.11b

(we dont get adsl in the ukraine)

i usually get LAN jams linked to my server though....and am currently saving up to buy two 3ghz proessors for my motherboard and a new 900w power supply(possibly gana go for xeon twins)

btw...i payed $5000 for the server's kit upgrades back in 2002, is this close to ATS'es xeon box??
just curious

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
im starten to save up for a 64bit

and for the next gen video cards what games u play?

i play, unreal tournament 2003, desertcombat mainly

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Cyrus- If have any suggestions i'd be happy to hear them. The DVD drive never worked since I got it, well over a year.

Compaq Presario 5315KS
1.3 ghz AMD
512mb SDRAM
80 gb hd
12x CD-RW
10/100 Ethernet
onboard Sound and Video (not using video)
Geforce4 Ti 4200 (128mb)

It's a great system in terms of numbers but the DVD drive just doesn't plain work. I can get more specific terms of my CD drive manufacters and the like if you want. I swapped in another DVD drive and that didn't work either. I really think its an unfixable conflict with my oboard video and sound.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join