It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use of the N word Black vs. White

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
tr

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I wasnn't even using the word as derogotory but using the word as an analogy when a post of mine was censored. the word "n i g g e r" was replaced by" colored person" and this is a land of free speech and freedom. duh. when will other words be cencored? He called me a democrat! which to some is an insult. personally I think democrats and republicans are jackaszes as big as elephanz. I have a friend who is african american and he is whiter than me. Born of Scottish parents in S. Africa. I am gonna get me a gun and "bother" the next time someone calls me white? I have never called a black man a neega to hees feece noot bucoz it wood peis him ov boot cuz I there is no need to. I hev goot caled un nigge rb4 by a blac man .becuz i poot on two shuz weech waar not of the same manufactureeer. Whun dee even the weerd fuuccke weel be seen as commonplace and the yooth weel tink are old fashioned for using it. chill

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I rest my case. And walk away as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tr
I wasnn't even using the word as derogotory but using the word as an analogy when a post of mine was censored. the word "n i g g e r" was replaced by" colored person" and this is a land of free speech and freedom. duh. when will other words be cencored? He called me a democrat! which to some is an insult. personally I think democrats and republicans are jackaszes as big as elephanz. I have a friend who is african american and he is whiter than me. Born of Scottish parents in S. Africa. I am gonna get me a gun and "bother" the next time someone calls me white? I have never called a black man a neega to hees feece noot bucoz it wood peis him ov boot cuz I there is no need to. I hev goot caled un nigge rb4 by a blac man .becuz i poot on two shuz weech waar not of the same manufactureeer. Whun dee even the weerd fuuccke weel be seen as commonplace and the yooth weel tink are old fashioned for using it. chill

I don't think you're very funny.

The word F***. and n*****. are completely different. One has sinister conotations and symbolism most would care to forget while the other is already commonplace and is used to describe every single thing that happens to you throughout the day. I must use the word a hundred times a day, but n*****? never. come on, you feel like an old person or a dirty inbred when you say it. You feel like a man when you say #!

[Edited on 2-12-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Personal accountability. That's all that's going to solve this stupidity once and for all. Stop with all this group bull#. All blacks are this, all chinese are this, all jews are that.

The word 'n-word' deserves to end up by the roadside like old english phrases that died out in the 1600's. It serves no purpose and hearkens back days when our country was run by a bunch of morons who didn't understand that a person is a person.

You want to know what a 'n-word' really is? Nigger means an unintelligent person. Who's a 'n-word'? A 'n-word' is a person who blames all his problems on other ethnic groups rather than admitting he's a failure because of himself. A 'n-word' is someone of any ethnic group who lacks intelligence. That's what the word means. Unfortunately through history another meaning has taken over. Because of that the word should be tossed away. Any word that lumps people into groups should be thrown away.
I'm not like anyone else, neither are most of you. Neither are most people in general. As such it is completely unfair and stupid to make groupings at all.

As for the people who insist on using "ebonics" in daily conversation... don't worry you'll outgrow it. I'm not talking about the roots of the way of speaking because none of you who talk like that now can use that excuse anymore. I'm talking about the people who listen to a rap album and insist on talking like them. Wake up you dumb little #s. The rappers are millionaires. They can talk however they want to. You on the other hand aren't, and good to luck to you getting a job when you walk into an interview and say "what up mah nigga".

Tell me you don't care what others think of you... enjoy yourself. I won't be the one getting laughed out of places of employment because I can't phrase an english sentence.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Trust me, Insite, if you feel like a man when you use that word, you are not.

Do not circumvent the censor again.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
"No I mean to my WHITE friend, I'd never say it to a black person, not even in joking but my white friend doesn't take offence. "

its quite a bit different in the UK methinks. in the US, if u insult them jokeingly (as we often do here in england) the yanks take it seriouslly.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Um, Djar that post you made came off a little bad do to the censoring, I would consider revising it before Colonel/Saph/Illmatic lays the holy smackdown on you. You sound like your name is grand high imperial wizard...

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I believe that the n-word has become trendy due to rap and hip hop music. In rap music they use a lot of insults to describe their friends. They refer to the girls as their bitches and hos, etc. I wouldn't suggest going up to their gf and calling her ho and then say, "well he called you that, why can't I." And I also wouldn't suggest going up to a black man if you aren't one, and calling him the n-word.

It is not that abstract of a concept. How many people when they were growing up ever complained to their friends and called their mom a bitch. Now that is fine, everybody gets upsept and needs to blow off steam, but what if the next day your friend went and called your mom a bitch? Would you be ok with that. I doubt it. But if your brother complained about your mom to you and did it, not as big deal.

If you are not part of a group, you can't use the same negative language as they do describing the group.

so using your logic, black comics who make fun of white people arent allowed to do so because they arent white.

oh wait thats different, its comedy and its ok if white people are made fun of. right? :bash: wrong. same concept applies. the concept doesnt make sense one damn bit though.

i find the word offensive in general and i think those who do use the word are about as ignorant as a person can possibly be. i dont give a rusty # what their skin color is. i know i wouldnt want to be called a honkey or a cracker by anyone so why anyone would be ok being called a nigga by a fellow black person is rather baffling to me. i dont give a damn what the context is behind the person using the word its just plain ignorant to use the word at all.

i understand that the word 'n-word' is not about race but a matter of intelligence but way too many touchy people out there take things and skew them out of shape and make everything seem as a personal afront to them and so we have these incredibly stupid threads like this.:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i personally hardly ever hear the n word used as a racist remark nowadays. the only time i hear it is as a slang term on my rap ablums and my friends who are black and hispanic. hell, i'm white and i use it from time to time as a slang term so i think the word has lost its racist meaning for the most part in modern culture.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
shadeofgray, i would be happy to sponsor you for a reading comprehension course because you clearly missed the point of my post. anyone who has ever read my posts knows that as a person living in the most multicultural city in the world i am about as far from racist as possible. if you'd like you can u2u me and i will be happy to go through the post word by word with you so you can grasp it a little better and not make such asinine comments as you did above.

i was discussing the HISTORIC root of the word and what it originally meant. maybe you missed that part? read it again, slowly, you'll get it.

oh any my ebonics comments were aimed at ALL people, because you know as well as i do black people are FAR from the main group who talk that way these days.

really though... read it again. comprehension comes easiest when you're not rushing through things.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Djarums]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I can't stand people who act outwardly racist. Nor people who accuse others of being racist. My area is renown for racial tensions. Somolians are being brought into our community to work in a factory. They do get paid less, thus taking jobs from average citizens. I agree it is unfair, but teaching your kids to hate them because of this is just plain stupid. Some people have such narrow-minded views, it's scary.

I hear people use 'the N word' all the time. I also hear people calling each other jew, slut, ho, bitch, fag, and homo. It is just sickening. I just want to punch somone in the throat, but what would that solve? It would just create more problems. It's totally hope-less.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am racist against the human race.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
You are quite right about much of what you say Joe, and as I said in my above post it truly is only ignorant people that have to lump people into groups and use foul terms like that to refer to them. It's a shame, but most of them don't know better due to poor upbringing etc.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
True

Does anyone else see a slight downward spiral going on in society? Parents teach bad morals like racism, priests sexually abuse children, television has become the best babysitter, hollywood and the media tell people what to believe, and AL SHARPTON RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!

I'll just take the time to wave goodbye to the United States now.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm with mutehalo - the word has evolved. It is more synonomous with brother, friend, pal etc., until a white man says it to a black man. Then it becomes racist.

What I don't understand is how the white man is socially held to integration when the minorities can promote segregation as much as they want. "N i g g e r" is just one example some others would be BET, Miss Black America, The Black Academy Awards, etc., the hispanics and latinos are jumping on this wagon as well. Will the whites? I don't think so, that would be discrimination.

You can't have equality as long as you are practicing discrimination. Even if you are only practicing it against the race you don't like.

Do I think the world is going downhill. No, I think it was with all that Politically correct b.s. that was going around but I think logic is creeping back in.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klash
I'm with mutehalo - the word has evolved. It is more synonomous with brother, friend, pal etc., until a white man says it to a black man. Then it becomes racist.

What I don't understand is how the white man is socially held to integration when the minorities can promote segregation as much as they want. "N i g g e r" is just one example some others would be BET, Miss Black America, The Black Academy Awards, etc., the hispanics and latinos are jumping on this wagon as well. Will the whites? I don't think so, that would be discrimination.

You can't have equality as long as you are practicing discrimination. Even if you are only practicing it against the race you don't like.

Do I think the world is going downhill. No, I think it was with all that Politically correct b.s. that was going around but I think logic is creeping back in.

Ummm, you are obviously much too young to remember or understand the centuries of discrimination whites meted out to blacks for the difference in skin color/tone. You are disingenuous to analogize a minority (22 million out of 280 million) having a beauty pageant or a tiny tv station for cryin out loud!?? what have blacks taken from you? Lynched your grandpa for dating black girls, denied you a job because of your skin color??? Made you drink and take a dump in seperate places so your racial integrity could be upheld?? Silly.

Such blatant racisim going on in these areas for sure- bull# man. Get off your high horse of psuedo-victimhood masquerading as righteous indignation! Get over the fact that whites, while not in number, do have all of the advantages in this world....this arguement is assinine.

...and I have never called any black man a n i g g e r- and I should know about being black in this nation.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Get over the fact that whites, while not in number, do have all of the advantages in this world

I guess ALL white people have "all of the advantages"over ALL black people.

How did the white man get these 'advantages' you speak of? Is it a genetic thing? A cultural thing?
I'm not the one playing the victim bro.

My argument is asinine? Step back and read what you stand for. Discrimination is ok as long as it benefits me.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't think that anyone should use the N word, white or black.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A word is what you make it, intent ia a motherfu.... . Because when you say something , you know what you mean when you say it. I call my girl cracker, its funny. Its a funny word. Inst there better thing to do, than worrie about what people say. BREAKING NEWS...... MAN DIES BECAUSE SOMEONE CALLED HIM A NAME...... 5 THIS HOUR .......... BAN ON ALL LOUD OR FOUL LAUNGUAGE.......... PEOPLE WHOM USE FOUL LANGUAGE ARE BRING PUT TO DEATH....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join