It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is at the edge of the Universe...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is a thought I've been having for awhile lately. What if the universe is not infinite and has an end or edge. If so what shape would it be? My theory must be stated with a few questions first. What shape is found most common in nature. What form do atoms take? What shape does water atke when it beads up? What shape does a bubble take when blown? What shape is our planet? Notice how I went from small to large. See where I am going with this? If the universe has a form I think it is circular shape. If that is so let us look at matter. matter is formed when atoms collect to form a chain and then the chain gets bigger to form an object. Whos to say that our universe is a sphere in a chain of other universes to for ....something? This thought could easily give us possibilities of other dimensions. What do you all think?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Very interesting thought SABOTWULF, but either way, I dont think that it will matter, because we will probably never reach anything that far out anyway. If it is that big still and circles, then the universe would still most likely be infinite, just in circles.
mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I like these type of questions.

Cosmic background radiation indicates that the shape of the universe is oval, like a squashed balloon. They get this from the farthests regions of space emitting radiation left over from planets forming and stars going "BOOM" (Supernova).

This indicates that the universe is finite! Which does beg the question - what is outside? Could there be another 'universe' outside this. Does this support the micro/macrocosm theory that we could be part of a larger being (eg the atoms of a fingernail of a larger sentient being.

We just can't answer this at the moment which makes wild speculation even more fun.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Very good question!! I have always wondered about space, if it was infinite or did it end and where and how. I want to believe space is infinite, but how big is it?, is there an up or down or forwards/backwards ?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The answer is nothing.

The universe is constantly expanding. Beyond the edge there is litterally nothing, no time, no space, nothing.

You can not ever reach this though, because it is expanding at a speed which humans will never reach.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
The answer is nothing.

The universe is constantly expanding. Beyond the edge there is litterally nothing, no time, no space, nothing.

You can not ever reach this though, because it is expanding at a speed which humans will never reach.

Humans cant understand nothing. No more than we can comprehend infinity.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
The answer is nothing.

But, it's not possible to ever reach the end because the universe is infinite and expanding. I've known people who've gone skitzo (literally) trying to comprehend that one. It's impossible for humans to ever comprehend this, though.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The universe is a bubble in the cosmic ocean. That's why the Bible states that God divided the waters and created a space for the earth and a space for the heavens.

The tentacled aliens are from the outside, from the liquid atmosphere itself, and they are the ones in control of the aliens that place humans and life on different worlds within the dry dimensions.

There are said to be unlimited numbers of these bubble universes, and each one is multidimensional or multi-leveled.

You can step out of the bubble at any time once you know how, although that involves the transformation of your body vehicle into an oceanic creature like the tentacled aliens.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am no expert in physics and the likes,
but if you think logically; everything is inside something else. Isn't that correct?
So the Universe (how ever big or 'infinate') must be in something to follow that rule, plus whatever the universe is in, that has to be in something. I hope that makes sence.
Basically it hurts your brain when thinking about it

So could it be never 'ending'?
I just think it's something we can't understand, like many people have said on ths topic. It's like God, we can't understand God using our normal means of working things out. It's on a higher level then we currently are on.

I hope all that made sence, lol. The universe is just so mind bolggling.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here's the answer....

Try and go walk off the edge of the Earth.

What happens?

There, you have your answer....

You'll eventually just curve around and reach where you started.....

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The universise....as you call it is infinite and has no boundries. Hence forth it shall be know as the Omniverse......just like there was no "beggining" and there will be no "end"...it has always been. we just like to think that because we die so will everything around us will also die...kind of makes us feel better about death no?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Who said there was an edge?

And if there is the answer would be.... more universe!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead
The universe is just so mind bolggling.

What if it isn't? Universe can be infinite and also not infinite.

That is good guess Gazrok.

But we can't it for sure unless we see it and study it.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Although it woulld be impossible. I wish there was a way that we could create a ship to travel faster than the universe is expanding for one reason. I want to see what colour "nothing" is. It cant be black because that would indicate something was there. Neither could it be white. I think it would be clear. Truely clear. No colour at all and thats what boggles my mind. I just want to see it. Argh! Ive got to stop thinking about this. Its hurting my brain.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundNetwork
Although it woulld be impossible. I wish there was a way that we could create a ship to travel faster than the universe is expanding for one reason. I want to see what colour "nothing" is. It cant be black because that would indicate something was there. Neither could it be white. I think it would be clear. Truely clear. No colour at all and thats what boggles my mind. I just want to see it. Argh! Ive got to stop thinking about this. Its hurting my brain.

That would not be impossible for God, if he exists.

Anyway, even if you travel that fast, I doubt you can see the color of nothing, probably our eyes aren't capable of seeing it.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What is at the edge of the Universe...

We can't get too close to it, we might fall off the edge of it .... oh wait ... is the universe flat or is it a sphere? hehe

2nd theory ... We'd fall off into Nothingness..

3rd theory ... Another Universe Awaits

4th theory ... We'd become 4th dimensional beings

5th theory ... I've run out of theories

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well what happens if there is an edge of the universe....what is after that? nothingness which is another dimenson which we cant understand or a bigger universe which we are contained inside.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Maybe it is curved and as you approach the end' so to speak then you enter the beginning?

Some claim that time works the same way and would it not be a parallel with space itself?

That does not mean that space does not have limits but would it be possible for us to leave it or experience it?

We are assuming that it is possible for it to be experienced in any meaningful manner. Maybe that can only happen when one is united with the 'one' god or the creator?

Good question anyways and one that will perplex humanity for sometime I am sure.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
but, very easy to comprehend when you use your imagination!
I think the universe has a spherical shape, because that's what our physical make-up is like(atoms). There is a theory I heard about in high school that the largest organism is the earth, and therefore, as an organism, it is a part of something still larger! When I project and imagine my thoughts to the end of our universe, all I see is black. This is becuase I don't know what is beyond our limits, if there are any. I have to believe that there is life out there beyond our world and universe, with intelligence as great as ours.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by IMMORTAL]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
see its simple u cant get to the edge of the universe look at it logically u get to the edge nothing is left but space still part of the universe lol basic

<<   2 >>

join