It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same pyramids on 3 continents...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I cant find the article right now, But no worries, I will find it. Anywho, everybody knows the Egyption Pyramids.A few know about the Mexican and the Perubian pyramids. Allmost nobody knows about the pyramids discovered in the outbacks of Australia a few years back.

My question is: How did 3 whole difrent civilizations, with thousnads of miles of water separating them apart,
come to build almost identical pyramids in height and astrological mumbo jumbo (sorry, lack of a word)

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectX
I cant find the article right now, But no worries, I will find it. Anywho, everybody knows the Egyption Pyramids.A few know about the Mexican and the Perubian pyramids. Allmost nobody knows about the pyramids discovered in the outbacks of Australia a few years back.

My question is: How did 3 whole difrent civilizations, with thousnads of miles of water separating them apart,
come to build almost identical pyramids in height and astrological mumbo jumbo (sorry, lack of a word)

osmosis!!

im off to bed, goodbye cruel world!!

ps: post up the link if u can please....i'd love to know more about this.
Cordially
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
migration, trade, coincidence, boredom, dumb luck, there are numerous amounts of answers.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well it was just on another thread that the Egyptians have been found to have travelled to Australia the long way - around Cape Horn and the Cape of Good Hope. Maybe they hit Mexico on the way, travelled down the east coast of South America and beyond to Australia.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
An interesting fact is that the largest pyramid is actually in South America. It is way bigger than the Great Pyramid in Egypt. When you stand on it you do not even realize that you are on a pyramid. It has not been uncovered yet but it will be.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If a gadfly like Thor Heyndall could build a reed boat and cross the Pacific, then i bet that sailors with hundreds of years of sailing culture probably managed intercontinental trade quite nicely.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
... Egyptians have been found to have travelled to Australia the long way -

Why shouldn't have Aussies travelled to Egypt?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well the pyramid has been proven a very structurally sound design for an important building. With just a tad of thinking many cultures could come up with this. And any intelligent culture could figure out the astrological stuff.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Was the structure and contents of the Pyramids same in all three places?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No not really. Some were temples some were tombs. Some were step and others were flat. Some were stone and some were dirt. Also there are pyramids in China, North America, and many other places.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
htp://www.robertbauval.com/articles/cis1.html this web site might help with this question or this one.www.grahamhancock.com these are prettygood sites and his theories are good and sound

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
the egyptian pyramids are always refered to as 'tombs'. yet we find NO EVIDENCE of there EVER having been an actual burial in these pyramids. strange?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Cant seem to find the article. A little help would be appretiated.
It was a while back on Yahoo news.

but to answer a few questions:

Yes, it is true that the worlds largest pyramid IS in South America. I just saw a program about it on TLC a few months back. Its about a 1/6 of the way uncovered.Preaty tall.

Yes, there are numerous pyramids in China,north america, and other places.

As for the thing about Egyptions sailing to autralia, can anyone give me a link to that thread. I have heard of Egyption coins bieng found as far away as Japan and Australia.So there might be some truth behind that.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapes
htp://www.robertbauval.com/articles/cis1.html this web site might help with this question or this one.www.grahamhancock.com these are prettygood sites and his theories are good and sound

Hancock's work asks a lot of questions. Since he was a journalist before turning his attentions to ancient civilizations, he asks common sense questions about what we supposedly know and forms his ideas based on all the information, not just the bits that orthodox archaeology have accepted.

It never fails to astonish how conventional archaeology and history professionals can base their ideas on one part of a finding and then completely disegard another part of the same finding, seemingly because it seems to contradict their ideas. Not enough open minds, as we all know.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There also pyramids in Cambodia and Indonesia.

Ill try and find the article but I doubt I will.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectX
Cant seem to find the article. A little help would be appretiated.
It was a while back on Yahoo news.

but to answer a few questions:

Yes, it is true that the worlds largest pyramid IS in South America. I just saw a program about it on TLC a few months back. Its about a 1/6 of the way uncovered.Preaty tall.

Yes, there are numerous pyramids in China,north america, and other places.

As for the thing about Egyptions sailing to autralia, can anyone give me a link to that thread. I have heard of Egyption coins bieng found as far away as Japan and Australia.So there might be some truth behind that.

I also saw that TLC show.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
than at least SOMEONE knows what im talking about

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hrm, I don't know anything about Pyramids in Australia.

But there have been some heiroglyphics found in NSW. Whether they are authentic or not is still not agreed upon.

Also, as far as early Australians travelling to Egypt, that is much more unlikely than the Egyptians making the journey, as their technology was far in advance of any to be found in Australia at the time.

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Kano]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
the egyptian pyramids are always refered to as 'tombs'. yet we find NO EVIDENCE of there EVER having been an actual burial in these pyramids. strange?

You mean, beyond the sarcophagi, the offering temples, and the coffins and mummies found in other pyramids in Egypt?

www.stemnet.nf.ca...

There are, in fact, over 90 pyramids in Egypt... and this doesn't count the pyramid tombs of the Nubian kings of Egypt and their royal family members.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pherophile
Well the pyramid has been proven a very structurally sound design for an important building. With just a tad of thinking many cultures could come up with this. And any intelligent culture could figure out the astrological stuff.

~~++~~

Quite Agree there Pherophile

mostly likely a natural progression of a society that was organized under a priestly/pseudo religious nature...and the manpower was readily available for warfare, as they were engaged in massive pyramid building projects...which would unite the society into a culture...

family->group->clan->tribe->city->nation->kingdom->
(meant only as a general thought meme)
natural progression, therefore universal...

top topics

join