It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of flag on the moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yes, all those pictures prove the moon landing was NOT faked. Thankyou ProjectX.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That proves that the moon landing WAS faked.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hrm, now you advocate reading a site that is posted... Maybe you could extend others the same courtesy?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
its quite impossible, especially with a network of tellescopes, to see something that small from this far away. especially factoring in the distortion of the earth's atmosphere. im really getting tired of people saying 'well lets just point hubble at the moon' maybe now its realised that cant be done, atleast by the kind explaination that was pulled up. and at any rate, if china ever makes it to the moon, they can tell us what we already know. but i dont think china is going to the moon, considering the usa was already told to never come back.

I assure you forsaken, it is not impossible. The VLT array of telescopes all use a form of active optics. Basically the mirrors in each telescope are mounted on a bed of actuated motors. Each motor goes up and down, slightly bending the mirror, to compensate for the distortion of the earth's atmosphere.

You can read more about it on the site.

www.eso.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectX
lets settle this like civilized people.

1.Known fact: there is no atmosphere on the moon, thus no wind...how do you explain the flag flapping in the wind?

2.multiple light sources...what up with that? The only light source on the moon is the sun. Yet there are many shadows going off in diffrent directions.NASA even said they have a limmited amount of time on the moon, bicouse the sun is only visible for like 30 min.(i think im wrong about this time frame, but you get the jist of it)

3.Radioactive field between the Earth and the moon.It would take a spacecraft made of 6 inches of lead to protect the austronauts. The design of the apolo space craft totaly condradicts this, the design of the space craft proves that there is NO LEAD in the space craft,anywhere.

4.The Landing. If the lander had the thrust that NASA said it did, it would have made a HUGE crater in the moon.As we all know the moon is basicly dust.Even if it dint have anywhere near that thrust level, there should have been a preaty big crater left from the thrust. ESPECIALY after takeoff from the moon.

5.A little history lesson.

The Soviet Union was about to launch their moon landing. Those plans DO show lead in their space craft. The United States would have been humiliated by the soviets landing on the moon. But on a test fire of the rocket engine,the rocket exploded and burned. It would have taken the Soviet Union up to a year to recover. (The lander and everything else that would have been needed for the landing was allready in the rocket when it exploded,)

So in this time frame the US quickly launched a 30 BILLION DOLLAR HOAX!

and SUPPOSEDLY, beat the Soviets to the moon.

Thus, NOBODY has EVER landed on the moon. (no humans anyway)

Thus, THERE IS NO AMERICAN FLAG ON THE MOON.

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by ProjectX]

All of these have been sufficiently explained, IMO. The flag has a wire in the top to keep it upright. Otherwise it would've just looked like a rag hanging from a pole.

I've posted this in at least 3 threads now. Read this entire website. It'll answer most (if not all) of the lame hoax theories.

www.redzero.demon.co.uk...

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by Satyr]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by darklanser

We actually did land on the far side of the moon, Apollo 18...two astronauts died on the surface...Claggett and I don't remember the second.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by darklanser

We actually did land on the far side of the moon, Apollo 18...two astronauts died on the surface...Claggett and I don't remember the second.

Do you have a source to back that up with?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Korwatt

I think this may explain it:

James Michener’s novelisation of the American space program, "Space", was made into a television mini-series of the same name in 1985. The novel and series culminate in the fictional Apollo 18 mission to the far side of the moon. Here Mission Commander Randy Claggett and Lunar Module Pilot Paul Linley die from a solar flare’s massive radiation dose while an attempting an emergency ascent from the lunar surface. ‘Apollo 18’ mission patches created for the mini-series became collectibles. However they also created confusion and resulted in some stories among the collector community about this mysterious ‘real’ mission ….

www.astronautix.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wasn't one of the packages a mirror array, intended so that we can aim a laser from earth at it, have it bounce back, so that we can more accurately measure the distance to the moon and any changes over time?

Aren't we still using that mirror array to this day?

We wouldn't have been able to put that up there accurately back then without a hands on approach, robotics wasn't good enough back then for such a thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
We wouldn't have been able to put that up there accurately back then without a hands on approach, robotics wasn't good enough back then for such a thing.
Not true. The Russian Lunakhod 1 mission left behind a laser reflector in 1970. The Lunakhod 2 mission left behind a laser reflector in 1973. The Lunakhod 2 continues to function to this day.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by nataylor]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Just a thought...

Lets say someone builds the gigantic telescope needed to see the flag on the moon, and there is nothing there. There are no apollo tools, no rover, nothing.

The next day NASA would come up with a credible scientific explanation that settles the case. You cannot see anything that the Apollo astronauts left there because of.... and..... and.....

A mass media campaign begins in a couple of hours every mass media outlet has the official explanation and a lot of Phd experts to answer any questions that the public might come up with.

In two hours time a group of Apollo-Nasa huggers are ordered to spread and defend the good word on the Internet.

One of the first places to do it would be?

Your own ATS.

And people like me would be laughed at once again, how you DARE question those great american heroes?.

Just a thought.....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by Korwatt

I think this may explain it:

James Michener’s novelisation of the American space program, "Space", was made into a television mini-series of the same name in 1985. The novel and series culminate in the fictional Apollo 18 mission to the far side of the moon. Here Mission Commander Randy Claggett and Lunar Module Pilot Paul Linley die from a solar flare’s massive radiation dose while an attempting an emergency ascent from the lunar surface. ‘Apollo 18’ mission patches created for the mini-series became collectibles. However they also created confusion and resulted in some stories among the collector community about this mysterious ‘real’ mission ….

www.astronautix.com...

Thanks for that.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Seapeople

Oh, so I guess they just brought some huge light to brighten up the pictures? It's too cold to land on the dark side and too hot to land on the light side so they had to have landed at or near the edge of light and dark. In any case, that makes them visible from earth.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I for one, would LOVE to see a NON photoshopped image of the flag on the moon. But, Im more likely to eat a piece of cheese given to me by the MAN in the moon.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
no flag, no proof, no crap, what a bunch of suckers. the only reason there is no proof is because they never went, doh bart

Not enough tech then and still only now do they have enough. Why do you think china and japan and any other country isnt sending any till now. But now they are and the Americans have already planned to continue the photoshop for their national security, because when it get out an it will, that they never went, they wont be able to contain the anarchy.

Mark my words

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectX

wow.. that was an awesome link~! thx .. but when I click on the image, it posted..

Page Not Found

The page you requested could not be found on our server. If you are using an old address, or found us through a public search engine (such as Google or Yahoo), the address may be out of date.

Looking for Press Release photos?
Our redesigned site now offers an easy-to-navigate browse menu and several search options to help you locate photos.

Looking for Earth photos?
Our Earth photos have moved to the larger Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth, a collection of more than 500,000 photos taken from the Space Shuttle and International Space Station.

Looking for old 8-digit photo numbers?
We no longer employ the arbitrary 8-digit photo numbers previously seen on this site (ex.: 10032456.jpg). Our photos now conform to the NASA standard of using the official NASA Photo ID as the filename. If you are trying to locate a specific photo and all you have is the old number, try our new Photo ID Lookup utility to find the new number, or contact us for assistance.

Still Need Help? Submit your question or problem in our Feedback Form, and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.

source

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
yes OP!!! I've been saying this for the last 4 years till i'm blue in the face!! I even said in a thread I started about this very thing..

here

as you can see..

the 'debunkers' won *sigh*.. so I"ve pretty much given up .. *yawn*.. seeing the amount of awesome flags and stars it got..

but the thing that also 'cooks my noodle' is.. how can a footprint on the moon be deeper than the weight of the LM!!??

no .. wait.. there's a rock underneath it right.. right next to the foot print of the astronaut......*grin*.. doh!

I still hold to theory that 'another ' country knew this was a 'movie' and had the prime op to start a blackmail of the USA..

but that's another thread..

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
and .. thus...and become ...

another dead thread...

as like all the rest.. to which no one wants to really dig into because ..

they might find the truth.. think about it.

With all the high power telescopes in the world, and NOT a 1 can get close enough....

BS ~!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
and .. thus...and become ...

another dead thread...

as like all the rest.. to which no one wants to really dig into because ..

they might find the truth.. think about it.

With all the high power telescopes in the world, and NOT a 1 can get close enough....

BS ~!!

It's a simple question of optics. It's easy to lean why, if you'd take the time to learn how light works.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join