It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Stargte SG1 spinoff Stargate Atlantis (TONIGHT)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Less than 1 hour. I just heard on the rerun show, "in visual range, closing fast"

I hope the show is as entertaining as the original SG1 show. I'm just wondering where all the artillery is going to come from if it's a one way trip. Must have bullets, must have bullets, phrase keeps popping up in my head. haha

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I'm just wondering where all the artillery is going to come from if it's a one way trip. Must have bullets, must have bullets, phrase keeps popping up in my head. haha

Yeah, just saw it. They're showing it again now.

It was pretty good, but one thing keep nagging me.

It's "Voyager". One way trip, new quadrant of space, limited resources, new enemies, none of the politcal BS from home, no contact, how will we ever get home?

I guess they couldn't do it any other way, but it's a bit disappointing realizing "Voyager" did this concept years ago. It also looks more serious (less jokey) than SG1, which was like Voyager compared to TNG.

Oh well. Extra hour of SG every week.

Like the Wraith Chick.

Our food does not need to agree with us.

But yea, bullets will be a problem. Since Replicators on this series aren't like on Trek.

[Edited on 16-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I also thought the thing about the bullets...theyre gonna run out sooner or later. There also seemed to be a variance in the events that occured in Atlantis and in SG1...the times dont match...among a few other things...

But all in all it looked pretty good. Cant wait to see whats in store.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I saw it and liked it. Looks pretty good to me so far. for everyone involved in a great new start. I was wondering if they will start using rechargeable energy weapons or if SG1 could manage to periodically send several cases of ammo but that might eventually drain their last big energy thing (whatever it's called). Maybe there is enough power in Atlantis to manufacture bullets etc.

I always knew English was a universal language. Even alien civilizations and the aliens in a far far away galaxy even speak it. (Just an amusing thought, it does simplify the show greatly.) Daniel Jackson isn't needed to translate.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The Asgard have startrek like "replicator" technology so they may be able to produce bullets at Atlantis but they also may find some weapons in the city. It was a GREAT episode. It was just amazing. I love the Puddle Jumper. It kicks azz. That wraith dart/puddle jumper dogfight at the end was killer. The computer graphics are some of the best I have seen on a TV series and the acting was pretty good.

[Edited on 7/17/04 by jetsetter]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
you know wraith shouldn't be regarded as a new enemy. they are WEAK!! besides their butt-ugly face, they also have human weakness. they will die off a headshot, or drive a stick through the abdomin like that wraith chick (uglyness!!!). but of course they are merely guardians for the more powerful bad guys, we'll have to wait and see if the more powerful wraith is what it seems. another thing, it seems like the characters are like SG1. we got a woman, a black guy, a commander who makes jokes, and an archaeologists. has sci-fi been lazy!?!

also, i think any aliens would die if the humans just took a few nukes with them. just a thought...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
An update for anyone who missed the premier of the new Stargate Atlantis show. It just started again now on the scifi channel. 8 PM Eastern Time It's a great opening show in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I find the Wraith pretty scary, Its the simple fact that they stand up when ya kill them.

"Home" was pretty good, altough a bit old idea.

[Edited on 17-9-2004 by Ice^^Heat]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
O hell that was amazeing its great. Can it get any better!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join