It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Stargte SG1 spinoff Stargate Atlantis (TONIGHT)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
www.space.com...
Lookin' fowards to this one.

[Mod Edit] Sorry, added "tonight" to make sure nobody misses premier.

[Edited on 16-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Man, I cant wait. I love the stargate series as you can tell by my avatar.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
very cool, cant wait to watch it, i LOVE Stargate

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
www.scifi.com...

It's not much, but the premier is set for July in tandum with the season premier of SG1.

The plot will be akin to Star Trek's Voyager...running simultaneaous to SG1, in same time but far more distant area of space. Of course, all from Earth's ocean floor.

New bad guys, new planets, new cast...some crossover.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I hope it'll be as good as SG-1... I'm lookin forward to this.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I too am a SG-1 nerd. Ever since I saw the movie as a kid, I've been hooked.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I hope they UP the special effects on this one.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm skeptical about this new series, but I hope it kicks ass. I just want them to thaw out O'Neil and continue with SG-1 just in case Atlantis doesn't work out.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It could rock if the aliens, bad guys, etc. have nothing to do with the Gould (or whatever). It's all supposed to be new. What will be unique is the mythos about Atlantis. New Gods. None of this Norse or Egyptian stuff.

I really do see similarities to the Voyager spin from Star Trek... potentially.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i too can't wait till the show starts.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Horray!!!!!!!

Does this mean we get to see some different scenery from the EXACTLY the same pine forest they have used in all the last programs?

Can they be reaching a creative burst, or will they just rehash the same plots in a different place and hope no one notices?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe same plots only with John Doggit/Terminator man instead of MacGuyver.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
They call it the "alpha" site... a conveniant way of saying its the same location on every world.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It could rock if the aliens, bad guys, etc. have nothing to do with the Gould (or whatever). It's all supposed to be new. What will be unique is the mythos about Atlantis. New Gods. None of this Norse or Egyptian stuff.

I agree. I don't see the show succeeding if they use the same story backgrounds as SG-1.

Atlantis will be a worthy successor, but it will be a sad, sad day when SG-1 ends. :shk:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
They film in the same place because that is where their studio is located, in Canada. The show cost alot of money and I am suprised they get as much out of it as they do.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think the Stargate series is great and I am looking forward to the new series as well. I used to watch it on Showtime but cancelled Showtime after they cancelled Stargate and scifi shows in general. I'm glad scifi has it now. They saved me some money. I just hope Richard Anderson is not leaving the show. I noticed they put him on ice. I hope we have two great Stargate series starting soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Stargate rocks!

I also hope that Stargate Atlantis is good. Hopefully the show doesn't spin off like CSI did. Too much of a good thing is not always good. Can't wait, SG-1 this friday and atlantis next week (at least in my next of the woods).

It would be a great loss if Richard Dean Anderson left the show. It would be tough to replace him.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The SciFi lowdown on both shows was last night.

SG1: RDA (O'Neil) isn't going anywhere. He's just been promoted to General. Hammond is out.

And Atlantis (as much as it pains me to say) looks like a pile of crap. I know, I wanted it to rock too. But it just looks awful. I guess we'll see.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
ATLANTIS EPISODE 1

Countdown 3 hours.

Report back here afterward.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join