It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Blasts in Istanbul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:52 AM
link   
3 new bombs in Istanbul, not much news yet.

BBC News

HSBC, the British Consulate and a shopping mall.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
looks like it may be al Quieda !!!

The HSBC bank was attacked

BLASTS ROCK ISTANBUL

At least 10 people are reported dead at the British consulate in Turkey as up to five bombs rock targets across the city.

The large 23-storey HSBC HQ in the city was ripped apart in one attack - at least three people have died but the death toll is expected to rise.

The front of the British consulate is also reported to have been ripped

www.sky.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a bomb near a mosque? wonder what thats all about?

www.ananova.com...

www.express.co.uk...

and one in the Asian section of town?

abcnews.go.com...

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Man, this world is so going to hell.... oh, wait, we are already there...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
damn, HSBC the british consulate and others, they were really going for the big ones this time.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Thats not good!!

im hearing that this all may directed at UK and US and Canada...

i suppose we got warnings from Al Quida...

Turkey is a islamic so that pretty odd
but i think they want to do the unexpected....

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
from news.com.au

Istanbul rocked by bomb blasts
November 20, 2003

FOUR explosions shook Istanbul on Thursday, including blasts in front of the HSBC bank in an affluent district and another across from the British consulate, television stations reported. Several people were killed or injured in the explosions, the reports said.

this is not good. i hope it isnt the start of something bigger, in any country.

[Edited on 11-20-2003 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
the death toll seems to be going up!

up to 25 dead and up to 400 hundred wounded so far..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
the british foreign office are also advising people that Travel to Istanbul should only be for essential business only.

If this carries on for a few months could seriously effect the Tourism industry.

FOC Travel Advice

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It looks like the British Consul General was killed in the attack. The news just keeps getting worse.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I feel that there is definately more to come. What amazes me is the lack of media coverage, hell Mr. I like little kids Jackson is recieving more coverage.

Its all about distractions isn't it.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Curiousone: you hit the nail on the head. My guess, paybacks for Turkey not letting them use their land for the invasion of Iraq. Plus this just in, that the White House has been evacuated. Plenty of attention grabbers to keep the attention off of Bush in the UK.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ah yes but now it's being reported that this is not the case with the white house. Things are going to get interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Where did you read that something different is happening at the white house... please give some info and a link

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Alright, something up. We are seeing perhaps an internationally coordinated series of attacks in one day.

European stock markets tumbling? Hmmm..........

Is someone thinking the same things I am?

(Little hint: Bush's odd behavior towards britain, the dollar/euro issue,)

Odd that they would attack the Brits tho.whoever attacked...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just found this also.... Kinda weird to me how the Brits have gone against something the US has proposed...

VIENNA, Austria Nov. 19 � European nations on Wednesday focused on ways to heal a growing rift with the United States over how harshly to censure Iran for hiding parts of its nuclear program.

The move came as the Bush administration suffered a setback via a proposed EU-backed draft resolution that would urge Iran to continue cooperating with the International Atomic Energy Agency but refrain from strong criticism of its actions, diplomats said.
Twenty-five European nations met late into Wednesday night to find ways to compromise with the United States and its allies.

No more than three nations on the 35-member board Canada, Australia and Japan supported Washington's stance, diplomats said. Instead, the majority favored the proposed resolution authored by France, Germany and one of Washington's closest allies, Britain. Russia and China also supported the European version, the diplomats said.

Seems like something night be going on there.. This may be causing some uneasy feelings between the US and Brit...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I heard about this also!

But why Turkey? Humm?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why turkey.... They denied us access to use their bases and airspace during the war with Iraq. Doesn't it seem weird how just yesterday, Britian sided with France and Russia, and not the US... Then one day later one of they high diplomats are killed in a bombing... Hmmmm.. Would not take much for US to cross into Turkey from Iraq and perform a covert task... makes u think.. What is really happening here... Bomb and kill a Brit and make them remember that Terror is still alive so that they will side with the US again...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
All of this sickens me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join