It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Continues to Stonewall on Kecksburg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What a surprise!! [/sarcasm] The released documents raise more questions than what they answer!!

WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Lawyers for the Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFi) said today that they have concluded NASA is still refusing to comply with a 10-month old FOIA request to release its records on the 1965 UFO incident in Kecksburg. This announcement comes after CFi's careful review of 36 pages released by NASA hours after SCI FI Channel announced its unprecedented support for legal action against the government agency.

Full Story:
biz.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I love the government. If there is nothing to hide, why hide it? What could there possibly be to this fantasy if indeed nothing existed? Its almost as if there is something to all this weirdness.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I love the government. If there is nothing to hide, why hide it? What could there possibly be to this fantasy if indeed nothing existed? Its almost as if there is something to all this weirdness.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by heelstone]

I agree...it is always amusing to me, the response the gov gives out, suggesting the obvious answers. Normally an agency would not even respond to hogwash, but any response implies they believe otherwise.

Maybe they overlooked the persistance of the interested public also.

Thanks WOS

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This could potentially be the best thing that has happened for UFO research. Unfortunately the gov still does not want to cooperate and intend to leave us in the dark even more.

Great way to put it heelstone.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
They're probably just going to black out most of the documents like they do to all the other ones they release. Does anyone know otherwise?

who

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The simple act of blacking out documents being released under the freedom of information act clearly tells me they are still holding back. Is this act alone not clearly breaking the law? The FOIM was created to make the government tell us everything, now they say no. Must be nice to change the rules whenever you want. By blacking out info, I see it as a direct admittion of guilt and that something did happen there. National security, ya right.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Think of this..

If they are going to release some UFO documents that shed new light on the UFO stuff then wouldnt we expect an actual press conference?

The only way we wont see a Press conference if the docs dont say much, or is all blacked out, or maybe if it says we are not sure what happened on this date, blah blah blah.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Think about it this way, guys:

Extreme case: Let's say what went down in Kecksburg reallly WAS an alien craft. That it was, in fact, an extra-terrestrial ship that the military recovered that night and that it had kept seceret this long.
Do you know what that would mean? They simply could NOT do it, plain and simple. That would mean admitting to the exsistence of advanced alien life that has visited our planet. That would literally change the world and science as we know it. It would be one of THE most important, defining scientific discovery in human history.

So in this way, if NASA simply refuses to come forward with the documents, to people who are interested in this area (like us), it is VERY suspicious. But it's either come out with information that would compromise everything we know and science understands, or dodge the question and leave a few UFO buffs guessing what they're hiding.

I can gurantee if what went down in Kecksburg is anything other than a Soviet or American space probe, we will never hear the truth from NASA's or the government's mouth.
I'm not a huge conspiracy, anti-NASA person, but to be completley honest and rational, it would seem very obvious that this is really NASA's only option if this is what we think it is.
I'm not saying it is, but I can't really expect NASA to come forward and say "Yep...it's true... an advanced Alien race crashed in Kecksburg, PA in 1965." I can't even begin to imagine what would happen after that announcement.

top topics

join