It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Being Gay is alright in the eyes of God then.....

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
1.) Everyone knows that a lot of the time children do the opposite of their parents, especially when it comes to religion.

2.) Besides this, gay couples raise kids as well...

1.) I don't know your age, but as one gets older one realizes that he/she is unconsciously doing and reacting in similar ways to one's parents. It is the fact that there is a heavy imprint upon you from your influences during the most impressionable time in you life: childhood. Also take into consideration, that I am refering to the reasoning behind said religions rules when they were concieved. Times change and that is why these control mechanisms do not work as intended any longer for the most part. Many people question things as oppose to just going with the flow of tradition for traditions sake.

2.) Again this it a different time, but I seriously doubt that a couple hundred years ago there were gay parents adopting children all over the place. Times change, people change, different things are socially accepted (or tolerated) and that is the meaning of my original post a ways back. That religion hinders progress and so when change comes, as it always does, religion must change with time or be left behind. The problem is the evolution of something thats basis is tradition.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
1.) I don't know your age, but as one gets older one realizes that he/she is unconsciously doing and reacting in similar ways to one's parents.

*Shakes fist in rage* JONNA!!!!! You stole my idea and put it on a new page so that no-one would see my message. Hey, all you ATS readers, page back and look at my message. It's ever-so-good. (Not that Jonna's is all that bad, though
)

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Further more, why say that condoms are wrong? So that more children are created that have the religion of their parents imprinted upon them.

thats exactly what catholicism says
more or less

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
*Shakes fist in rage* JONNA!!!!! You stole my idea and put it on a new page so that no-one would see my message. Hey, all you ATS readers, page back and look at my message. It's ever-so-good. (Not that Jonna's is all that bad, though
)

Sorry I didn't see it. Saddly I think it is something everyone realizes as they get older.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's still far-fetched in my opinion.
People able to think that far ahead, probably know better in the first place.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That's true, no matter how much you rebel, where you come from is a part of you forever. No matter what, these people influence your life and their characteristics are your own, whether we realize it or not. Some might say that they know people that stem from abusive families, and they are nothing like their parents, but look closer. Maybe not physically, but they sure kill themselves on the inside.

As for homosexuality, some say they are born gay. Honestly, I dont think we are "born" straight or gay. Whatever is shown as good, normal, or right whenever we are young is what we think of as the norm. it is from that standard that we either accept or rebel. People become straight or gay, they are born neither.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Trust me Scat, people are born straight, bi or gay.
Recent scientific development in the form of tests on sheep suggests this, and several large scale enquetes point in this direction as well, in the form of parents admitting that they have always "known" that their son/daughter was gay, even at the youngest ages.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Recent scientific development in the form of tests on sheep suggests this, and several large scale enquetes point in this direction as well, in the form of parents admitting that they have always "known" that their son/daughter was gay, even at the youngest ages.

Sorry Jacko, I must dissent partially. I believe that indeed some are born gay or bi. But I also believe one can be conditioned during childhood to be the same. And look down at my siggy; by the way, that wasn't a choice, so all you people out there who think it is, get it out of your mind.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

well its good that people can have opposing views in civil ways
i seriously believe people are born moot. like they are in every other characteristic of life. if you say people are born into things of that nature, its kind of degrading to youth, as if they cant make up their own minds about life

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
And look down at my siggy; by the way, that wasn't a choice, so all you people out there who think it is, get it out of your mind.

Indeed, they should.
By the way the upper part of your signature is a way of thinking I strongly disagree with, maybe something for another thread?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
As for homosexuality, some say they are born gay. Honestly, I dont think we are "born" straight or gay. Whatever is shown as good, normal, or right whenever we are young is what we think of as the norm. it is from that standard that we either accept or rebel. People become straight or gay, they are born neither.

I really can't agree with this, lets think about it for a moment. We have hundreds of thousands of people that are risking their job and families just because of some selfish choice? Or isn't it likely that there is something more involved here. Lets look at another perspective.

I am a straight man. Lets say I was born in a society where everyone else was gay. I could choose to like men if the pressures from society were great enough that I was forced to. Now then, personally I could never be truly happy living this kind of life, I would just feel like it was something I had to do if I wanted to be successfull and be part of society.

If I found out in this gay world that there were women out there that happened to like men, therefore offering me the chance to be truly happy with myself, would I risk everything I had gained so far to be with these people and be truly happy? You damn right I would.

Lets just humor the thought that being gay is not a trait that you are born with from birth. Why would anyone in their right mind choose to claim they are gay in today's society if they truely weren't? Its completely insane. There are many better ways to rebel against society and your parents besides saying you are gay. When someone claims they are gay they usually receive hatred, ridicule, job discrimination (even though its illegal), and they run the risk of alienating themselves from family and friends.

Being gay is like being hungry I guess you could say. If you get to the point where you are starving you are going to do whatever you need to do to get some food. It doesn't matter what you need to do to get the food all you know is your going to die without it. Hunger is biological just like I believe being gay or straight is. We can say we are not hungry but only for so long. At some point we have to eat.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by dusran]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

By the way the upper part of your signature is a way of thinking I strongly disagree with, maybe something for another thread?

Sure, I'll start one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-6-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusran
Why would anyone in their right mind choose to claim they are gay in today's society if they truely weren't? Its completely insane. [edit on 30-6-2004 by dusran]

What better way to make life EASIER? Gay men are less common, so its much eaiser to get involved with someone without competition. I dont see it as "rebelling" against society, I see it as taking a look around, and realizing to take the better way out. Many people are straight, date around alot, and then accidentaly fall into a homosexual situation. They find it appealing and experiment. Thats what usually happens, in my experiences with gay men. But what about women? Everyone seems so caught up in men turning or being "born" gay that they forget that maybe lesbians have different reasons. This is a personal question and I might be going too far, but any lesbians out there, would you compare your experiences to those of a gay man? According to the lesbians I know, they are much different. Many get fed up with men or are raised as boys. Others simply find girls easier to relate to. But none of them came out the womb and the closet at the same time.

Then again, thats just my view, and I must say this is a touchy subject. as to God's view, why should she care? To me God is man and woman, why would he care if we like one or the other?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Tachyon babe,
I guess we need to do some clinical trials to see if Aids can run through little microscopic mazes to find the 'gay' cell as opposed to the 'heterosexual' cell. The world will be very interested in a virus that can detect the 'gay' gene or protien. Aids is spread by bodily fluid exchange, ie. sex, iv drug use. Africa has Tens of millions of heterosexual AIDs cases, but I guess an intelligent guy like you knows Africans aren't REALLY people are they. Only Americans count as people. Nuke the rest of the world, right?

PS. I must have been produced 'unaturally' in a petri dish, and my mom and dad never told me. Please don't let the FACT of my gay life stand between you and your delusions. You are quite entertaining.

What I am saying is that if you are gay, you have a higer chance of dying from AIDs than if you are not gay, so nature must be doing something. Also did you read all of my posts? I have made this point quite thouroughly.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

What better way to make life EASIER? Gay men are less common, so its much eaiser to get involved with someone without competition. I dont see it as "rebelling" against society, I see it as taking a look around, and realizing to take the better way out.

Heh, so what about those that commit suicide because they are gay?
Are they taking the easy way out as well?
I don't think your theory makes any sense...

And TACHYON, there are well explained reasons for the high number of people with aids in the gay-scene. I suggest you look it up.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

What better way to make life EASIER? Gay men are less common, so its much eaiser to get involved with someone without competition. I dont see it as "rebelling" against society, I see it as taking a look around, and realizing to take the better way out.

Heh, so what about those that commit suicide because they are gay?
Are they taking the easy way out as well?
I don't think your theory makes any sense...

And TACHYON, there are well explained reasons for the high number of people with aids in the gay-scene. I suggest you look it up.

Why dont you post them here....in the end it really does not matter because the end result is still the same. No matter what way you twist it "All roads lead to Rome."

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by qrios
Hi
New to the trhread..
How' bout the fact that it is just plain unnatural according to the laws of nature?

LOL, take a look at all of my threads buddy.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
That's exactly the simplistic way of thinking that leads of ignorance.
I am not posting these reasons because that's not what this thread was about, it's not that hard to find out these reasons yourself.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Simplistic is correct, all my posts have pretty much said it plain and simple. You cant make something right when it is clearly wrong in the eyes of god and according to natural laws.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You don't even know what a natural law is, let stand know what's wrong or right in the eyes of God.
This has nothing to do with nature, besides the fact that nature "makes" a percentage of all people gay.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join