It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Nasa refuse to point Hubble at Moon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was earlier browsing on the website, WWW. the konformist. com.

they said in one of their links that NASA refuse to point the Hubble space telescope at the Moon.

Is this true? if so then why do they refuse?

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Because it's too bright for Hubble's internal components... would cause damange.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Don't forget, it is also like trying to read with binoculars.

Hubble has enough hard time viewing our own planets, let alone something as close to the moon....such incredible focusing power limits its ability to see near objects.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 10:31 PM
link   
...Sorta like not being able to see the trees because of the forest...

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 10:36 PM
link   
they don't want anyone to find out about the secret bases the us military has there.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Once again, because its too close, and secondly, because we can use other, less powerful telescopes to look at it, instead of wasting the hubbles time, which is supposed to be spent looking at distant galaxies and crap like that

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Which by the way, those images are incredible!!!!

oposite.stsci.edu...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Not once does this butter ball think to say that naturally a meteorite impact creates an up lift in the center of the crater...and besides, that phrase...a picture is worth a thousand words...it should be modified to...

THE ORIGINAL PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!

Because the original picture clearly shows this...and yet he twists and manipulates the pictures into his own fancy.

Another thing, that crater is at least 300 miles wide, making the city VERY BIG!

Woah man...domes can't get that big, too much risk.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
Because it's too bright for Hubble's internal components... would cause damange.

You mean to tell me Nasa cant afford filters?

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Actually they can't....look at how long it took for them to put the inhancing lenses into the hubble.

Remember...NASA's manned space budget is about 8 billion dollars....each shuttle launch is about a billion and a half, and then there is ground maitenence, that money gets spent fast.

Right now the ISS is the priority

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, FM...You think that he should've said:

THE ORIGINAL PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!
...And then shut the #3ll up, right?

Very much agreed...His story could've been much more believable if he'd merely taken a more closeup shot of that part of the moon & not mucked around with the photo. It seems that he hasn't figured out that by monkeying around with Photoshop that much, he simply *makes* his story more unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You should really check out the rest of "her" site (Its a young woman who does that) Its really quite entertaining!
The funny thing is I am not quite sure if she is serious or not. Check out the robotization and lobotomy jobs that were done to the snipers!

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 01:26 PM
link   
is anyone else seeing those 'images' she claims are in the pictures, or am i the only one who thinks she's slightly crazy?

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Slightly? You sir are the master of understatement!

top topics

join