It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens Taiwan Anew With Force

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The problem is that China has no transport capability. They could not transfer their troops or tanks even to Taiwan. That is their greatest problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firebird
OH yes China has near to no navy. They would have Taiwan now if there was any type of land connection between the two. Also do not be so confident that China could just launch a ton of missles over there and win. I have had friend who know high level military officials there who know Taiwanese defence. Look at there mountains they have uber defence built in. But Chinas biggest broblem in the lack of being able to transport troops to Taiwan. Because one we have a carrier group down there just in case. Also Taiwan has a sizable sea defence. Also this brink of war has been here for the past decade. China has always said that they would attack if Taiwan actually succeded and voted on a independent constitution and formation of an independent State.

lol oh really? read this www.newsmax.com... or www.concentric.net...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yes I know China has a navy but notin to screw with the USA with. Also chinas threats and war games are notin new. Yea they are steppin it up abit and i wouldnt be suprised if sometin happened tomarrow or right now i have anticipated this for years.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yes I know China has a navy but notin to screw with the USA with. Also chinas threats and war games are notin new. Yea they are steppin it up abit and i wouldnt be suprised if sometin happened tomarrow or right now i have anticipated this for years.

with missles any navy is vunerable no matter how powerful it is...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Published: November 19, 2003

www.taiwanheadlines.gov.tw...

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by energy_wave]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

with missles any navy is vunerable no matter how powerful it is...

The US has things to shoot those missiles down. Things such as missiles and CIWS 20mm chain guns.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
25-30 seconds is about all time the ship will have to react to multiple sunburns flying at mach 2.5 at 60 feet.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by evildoer
25-30 seconds is about all time the ship will have to react to multiple sunburns flying at mach 2.5 at 60 feet.

Well that would be in a wartime situation. The chinese would have to launch a massive covert attack to take down our fleet. But still even then it is unprobable. The sunburn missle has been debated many times on teh board and most of the time it came to the conclusion that we have means of defending against it. The only think scary to me is the land based sunburn missles that Russia is experimenting with by puting them in many of there port cities. I mean by the hundereds to repel a naval assualt. Hmmmmm Navy a thing in the past

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well that would be in a wartime situation. The chinese would have to launch a massive covert attack to take down our fleet. But still even then it is unprobable. The sunburn missle has been debated many times on teh board and most of the time it came to the conclusion that we have means of defending against it. The only think scary to me is the land based sunburn missles that Russia is experimenting with by puting them in many of there port cities. I mean by the hundereds to repel a naval assualt. Hmmmmm Navy a thing in the past

Well, once the missiles are launched the phalanx probably isn't enough to deal with them.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What other situation besides war would they be launched at U.S. carriers.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I was talking about in the course of war not an act of war.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well US ships also have missile interceptors. Missile to intercept missile. It does work.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Well US ships also have missile interceptors. Missile to intercept missile. It does work.

SOMETIMES

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Good analysis! sharp and overall!
Shall I say a big flock of Sunburn missiles could be the biggest headache for an aircraft carrier, even if it can survive under the first wave of attack? Do think about it!

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think some of you are under rating China's Military here, and yes they do have Nukes I beleive they have 300?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i think they have around 400 icbms and are building more DF-41 advanced icbms, here are some pics of chinese df-31

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yes Sector...those do look pretty don't they.......
Perhaps take a look at reality of the situation:
(Article was written in 1999)
"China: A Military Threat To The United States?"
Link:
www.commondreams.org...

Excerpt:
"For example, while the U.S. has 6,000 nuclear weapons capable of hitting China, the Chinese have only about 20 nuclear weapons capable of hitting the United States. Moreover, each of these 20 Chinese missiles are unfueled, without their warheads mated and not very accurate.

In addition to this 300 - 1 advantage in longer-range nuclear weapons, U.S. advanced technology and training provides an added advantage. In terms of power projection, the U.S. can sends tens or hundreds of thousands of our forces overseas in a relatively short time; the Chinese have no such overseas power projection."

In other words........its called what it was during the Cold War: MAD.....Mutually Assured Destruction.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
May I suggest you all listen to this Jeff Rense interview
www.soundwaves2000.com...
Look for Charles Smith (11/19/03)
Anyone that thing's China isn't capable of attacking the US may well change their minds.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
this is just a war of words. I doubt that China will go to a full scale war ith Tiwan. Theres no doubt there WILL be some sort of military action on both sides. BUt heres what so intresting...

China has been trying very despeatly to modernize its military. Moost of their military are soviet built hardware and wepons. Tiwan is equiped with modern American wepons. Altough China does have some modern russian built planes and ships now. It will basicly be a cold war standoff.

The American goverment has been very very curious about the new russian wepons. They want to know if Russia has the capability to rearm and pose a threat to the west again.

Same thing with Russia. Although the top leaders in Russian no longer have any anger (lack of a better word) against the USA. (dont get me wrong, there are still senitors and mayors and leaders who are communist and want the comminusts back in power) They are eager to find out how their wepons do against the americans. The Mig 29 was built to be better than the American F-15. The Mig 25 was built to be better than ANYTHING the Americans have openly deployed into its airforce.

So as you can see, both countries supposedly want peace. But secretly, they want a confrontation.

Yes, china is a nuclear power. Its the third largest power. It has some 2000 nukes.

And YES it does seem like the US is only wants to look out for their intrests. Remember when our spy plane landed in china after coliding with a chinese fighter? The us goverment said that we will defend Tiwan in case of a attack by China. Now they say that they dont supposrt Tiwanese independance....

Also keep in mind, Tiwan has spent many years, and many many dollars puting up allmost invincible coastal defenses all around their island. Invasion will be touph.

am I typing too much yet??

Anywho:

Independance for Tiwan within 5 years, YES
China going to some sort of military action, YES
US and Russia interfering in political ways, YES.
US and Russia interfering in a peace keeping in case of a ceace fire, YES
US and Russia interfering with military strikes, NO

thats about all, my fingers are tired.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join