It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(pending) North American Investment Fund

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is another Congressional bill that is up for Senate approval that would actually have American and Canadian tax paying citizens paying for road improvements, job training, education, and other miscellaneous "lifestyle" improvements, IMO, which is yet another step towards the North American Union.

frwebgate.access.gpo.gov
A BILL
To authorize the President to negotiate the creation of a
North American Investment Fund between the Governments
of Canada, of Mexico, and of the United States
to increase the economic competitiveness of North America
in a global economy.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the ‘‘North American Investment Fund Act’’.

•S 3622 IS
SEC. 2. ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NORTH AMERICAN INVESTMENT FUND.
The President is authorized to negotiate with the
Government of Canada and the Government of Mexico to
establish a North American Investment Fund (referred to
in this Act as the ‘‘Fund’’) by—
(1) agreeing to certain amendments to the November 1993 Agreement Between the Government of
the United States of America and the Government
of the United Mexican States Concerning the Establishment of a Border Environment Cooperation Commission and a North American Development
Bank; or
(2) negotiating an agreement with the Government of Canada and the Government of Mexico to
establish and administer the Fund.
SEC. 3. PURPOSES.
The purposes of the Fund shall be—
(1) to increase the economic competitiveness of
North America in a global economy;
(2) to reduce the income gap between Mexico
and Canada, and between Mexico and the United
States; and
(3) to promote economic development in Mexico
in the areas of infrastructure, education, technology,
and job training.

•S 3622 IS
SEC. 4. PROJECTS FUNDED.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Grants shall be awarded from the
Fund for projects to carry out the purposes described in
section 3, including projects—
(1) to construct roads in Mexico to facilitate
trade between Mexico and Canada, and Mexico and
the United States;
(2) to encourage the development and improve
the quality of primary, secondary, and post-secondary education throughout Mexico;
(3) to expand the deployment of communications and broadband infrastructure throughout Mexico, with emphasis on rural and underserved areas; and
(4) to expand job training and workforce development for high-growth industries in Mexico.
(b) PROJECT SELECTION.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—The agreement described in
section 2 shall include guidelines for determining
which projects will receive financial assistance from
the Fund.
(2) PRIORITY.—In selecting grantees to carry
out projects described in subsection (a)(1), priority
should be given to projects in the interior and southern regions of Mexico that connect to more developed markets in the United States and Canada.

•S 3622 IS
SEC. 5. CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE FUND.
(a) IN GENERAL.—The agreement described in section 2 shall require the Governments of Canada, of Mexico, and of the United States to contribute to the Fund,
subject to the limitations under subsection (b).
(b) LIMITATIONS ON CONTRIBUTIONS BY THE
UNITED STATES AND CANADA.—The agreement described
in section 2 shall include provisions that permit Canada
and the United States to contribute to the Fund if the
Government of Mexico—
(1) increases the tax revenue collected by such
Government, with the goal of annually collecting an
amount of such revenue that is equal to 18 percent
of the annual gross domestic product of Mexico; and
(2) carries out a program of reforms to increase
private investment and economic growth, reduce poverty, and maintain economic stability in Mexico.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Why should my tax dollars be given to another country for reasons as blatant as for no other reason but to eventually form a union of which my constitutional rights and liberties would be abolished?

How does this effect me?, you might ask. Why should your Congress pass a Bill that would spend your tax dollars to build roads in Mexico? Why should your Congress pass a bill that would aid the educational system of Mexico, when we have our own students to look out for? Why would your Congress pass a bill that would use our tax dollars to benefit another country? That purpose would be to begin the funding necessary to bring Mexico to the same standards of living of Canada and the United States, and to begin the funding necessary to form the North American Union.

I hope that everyone would take the time to read the bill that is supposed to be funding Mexico.

Yes, you read that right. Our tax dollars are going to be given to Mexico to make their lives better.

We are being sold out by our Congress people, our Representatives, and our Presidential Administration.

Nice, huh...

New Immigration law... instead of illegal immigrants coming to the US and getting paid, we'll just leave them in their home nation and pay them there.

Beautiful!

[edit note] Edited for clarity [/edit note]

[edit on 12/20/2006 by Infoholic]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I take it no one in America is concerned with being the ones to fund the North American Union?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Glad you bumped the thread, I missed the original post.
I read about this somewhere else, it was a document and I think it was on the SPP official govt site. I'm sure someone here has the URL if you want to read about what our govt is up to BEHIND OUR BACKS. It's completely unConstituional and outrageous. Did you also hear about HR 1?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Did you also hear about HR 1?

Are you referring to the "Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007"?

If so, yes I have. It's not good at all..it's very bad.

I started a petition online, yesterday, for several reasons.... the Patriot Act, H.R. 3930(MCA of 06), H.R. 1268[Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005), H.R. 1(Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007)(repeal in it's entirety), the SPP, and S. 3622 (North American Investment Fund). It's not much, but it's what I can do for now... without inciting a full revolution, of course.

H.R. 1... I can't go into far enough detail as to explain why it's sooooo bad. I hope more and more people take the time to look it up on The Library of Congress and write to their Congresspeople.

The clock is ticking away, folks.

top topics

join