It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD - General Operations Director

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
So I was sitting down at dinner with my girlfriend thinking about aliens and religion the other day and something popped in my head...

What if God is merely an acronym for the individual alien being responsible for the growth and progress of Earth?

I imagine this federation of alien beings from another planet, everyone has their own role and job function. Some of these job functions may very well be to develop life on other planets.

During the times of Jesus, it makes sense to assume these beings would make contact with us directly as we were no threat. A little advice here, some magical impressions there and bam, you have a higher power and a mystery. Stories are written describing everything to the best of ones ability until 2000 years later we are still believing a wagon wheel of fire came down from the sky and sucked people into it as explained in the bible.

I guess what I'm saying is it would be funny if someday we learned that this magical all knowing body we call God is simply the acronym for a job description from another planet....

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Its actually a mistranslation from Hebrew. The correct translation is Yahweh. (To the best of my knowledge at least.)

[edit on 20-12-2006 by Yandros]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As Yandros mentions, "GOD" as a word wasn't used originally, other than that slight snag, it is an interesting idea......

I saw a cartoon several years back, that depicted a huge space craft landing on earth with GOD painted on the side, just as we have USA in huge letters on some of the boosters. So others have been playing with this idea as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That's incredible - I used the same acronym years ago quite frequently.

I don't see why it's impossible - it's a pretty big universe out there, and I'd hate to limit things to only one perspective.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
And maybe Allah stands for Alien Lobster Lynching Americans Hourly?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Hey, you never know. Might just be a reality in some plane of existence out there...or an alternative comic book.

new topics

top topics

join